A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Shima:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Shima is Excellent.
Education & Awards
Dr. Shima graduated from University of Missouri at Kansas City.
Dr. Shima has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Methodist Dallas Medical Center
- Medical Center Of Arlington
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shima accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 1 plan
- Superior Health Plan - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Humana - 11 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Thomas B. Shima practice?
Dr. Thomas Shima practices Family Medicine near Dallas, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Arlington, TX.
See Dallas Family Physicians.