Dr. Thomas Bantly MD Patient Reviews

• 12 reviews

no change

August 11th, 2016
Patient Doctor Relationship
I have been seeing Dr. Bantley for years. He helped me talk through some very difficult times that all happened at once and was very careful to determine my diagnosis and then treat me with medication.

April 28th, 2016
Would not recommend
At first, seeing Dr. Bantly was a pleasant experience. I told him my needs, and he prescribed medication. However, after calling the office to cancel an appointment because my son was very sick, the receptionist (Shiela) got very short with me and told me that I have a $130.00 cancellation fee coming to my home for missing the 30 min. appointment. This was only my second time every canceling in two years, but the receptionist literally lied to me, telling me that I had canceled several times before. I knew that this was not true, so she said she would pull my charts to tell me the dates, but never did. She instead chose to try to argue with me over the phone. Keep in mind that this "fee" is written nowhere in the paperwork, which she even admitted. Please be careful as they are clearly only about getting your money. Also, I read another review and it is very true. Dr. Bantly spends the entire time talking about meaningless things to pass the time (his family, remodeling his house, his kids in college, jokes, etc.) I will be finding someone else that is honest and fair to their clients.

April 25th, 2016
One of the finest doctors I have ever met.

December 10th, 2015
Excellent Dr..

January 18th, 2015
Highly intuitive with a keen insight. Great bedside manner. I refer friends and family members only to Dr. Bantly.

April 15th, 2014
alone
I use to think bantley was the only person i could talk to. He has been my dr since i was was 16.i never found another dr bc i thought bantley knows me best and he can help me. Granted for the last few years i havent been able to afford to see him bc i have been on my own i have hsd abusive relationships since then and fineally felt i couldnt take anymore. I made a appointment and she said i will talk to bantley and see if you need 30 min or a full hr. She called me back and said im sorry but bantley isnt going to continue having you as a patient.. ya kno?? Are you serious you are the only dr i have ever known.. note to self if u cant afford to go see him and you TRY TO BE AS COMFORTABLE AS YOU CAN IN LIFE TRYING TO SMILE AND ONE DAY YOU THINK YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MIND BUT IT MIGHT B OK IF YOU VAN TALK TO THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS EVER UNDERSTOOD YOU... OOHH WELL HE WILL REJECT YOU LIKE YOU ARE NOTHING and hopefully you werent thinking of harming yourself that day.

September 8th, 2013
I'm TICKED
I went to Dr.Bantly for an appointment, and it made my wonder if he was a doctor, as he knows VERY LITTLE about psychiatry/psychology. Don't get me started on how LONG the wait was. He wasn't able to back up any of his reasoning, as I also majored in psychology, and I asked him many questions. After realizing this, he tried to "shoo" me out and his staff messed up my insurance information, and I had to fill out the form AGAIN. I recommend a different doctor for everyone! He's HORRIBLE!

August 16th, 2012
Amazing Doctor
- Cares about patients- Uses small talk to observe behavior- Adjusts medication as needed- He knows psychology - Responds to after hour calls- Great psychiatrist- Very flexible

May 9th, 2011
outstanding
caring and kind doctor...treats not only the mind and soul but physical symptoms as well.

April 7th, 2011
Recommended by friend
Dr.Bantley was very educated with my condition and after research and experienced with other doctors I can say that he is the very best doctor for my condition. He knew every medication and every side effect. My only complaint's are what come's after medicine. Anyone can see their doctor nervously and hope they have a "happy" answer. My only complaint with Dr.Bantley is that he see's his patients better with a short talk. He's brilliant with medication.I truley owe my life to Dr.Bantly, but would recommend theapy while seeing him.

May 5th, 2010
Over 20 years, Dr. Bantly has always been supportive
Dr, Bantly is first a psychiatrist, not a psychologist - he will try to help you with meds, but he also has very capable psychologists in his office for psychotherapy. As a doctor, he is amazingly knowledgeable and he gives fantastic referrals if you need one. He was instrumental in helping with my son's infected thumbnail (my son is his patient). Dr. Bantly laughs a lot and is remarkably flexible. He will prescribe what he expects will work best, but if it doesn't he is quick to change and will often offer free samples to try. He understands the place of empiricism when it comes to depression. Best of all, he ALWAYS BELIEVES WHAT YOU SAY - he doesn't try to discount your feelings as many doctors do. He always returns my calls and is just much more accessible than most doctors. His staff has been very patient with my occasional lack of organization.

November 20th, 2008
Was told Dr. Bantly used a team approach in treatment (would cordinate care with counselors and medical doctor) besides prescribing medications. This was actually false all he wanted to do was to prescribe medication. His staff was inconsiderate and at times extreemly rude. He did have 30 min. appts which is unheard of really in psychiatry however a majority of the time spent was him talking about meaningless stuff.. usually about obscure ancient history that didn't pertain to anything or his family, and ingorning the real issues at hand. Even after trying multiple times of diverting the conversation he continued to go back to meaningless things. Once the second hand hits the time he jumps up even if you were in mid sentence and leaves his office and won't let you finish your sentence.He would laugh at his own jokes that weren't funny and at times drool.. not kidding. He WOULDN'T LISTEN WHEN HE WAS TOLD A MEDICATION WASN'T WORKING AND ONLY WANTED TO DOUBLE. He doesn't do labs where some medications require them before hand. If you used his answering service.. he would either not call back or be really rude about calling back.. was actually told by him the first thing he said was ugh you interupted this blah blah activity of mine. I was told he got a top doc award but there isn't anything top about this. He didn't listen, was negelent, and uncaring.