Dr. Thomas Bantly Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Bantly?

Please do not waste any time or money on this so-called great psychiatrist!

Posted on March 9th, 2017

I came to Dr. Bantly due to a review that I read online. Big mistake. I saw him over a period of months and I just got worse and worse. He was constantly changing my drugs and I got worse with my depression & insomnia. Much of our 30 minutes with him was spent listening to his stories of his kids , his wife, his boat and his wondrous life., while laughing inappropriately! 30 minutes is not a lot To cover what I As a medical professional, myself, I believe we need to listen to the patient, believe what they say, and do your best to help them. Even if it takes 31 minutes. What he did for me with the lasr Hail Mary medication; put me in the hospital where I went through De-Tox & found I had been over medicated by this man. Please, please don't go to this man. I hope, through this blog that this will save one person months of their lifes, that I lost due to drugs and his advice on how he could help me! I tell you run the other way run and find the right doctor, not this arrogant Dr. Bantly. when I find the right doctor, I will put it out there.

Patient Doctor Relationship

Posted on August 11th, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Bantley for years. He helped me talk through some very difficult times that all happened at once and was very careful to determine my diagnosis and then treat me with medication.

Would not recommend

Posted on April 28th, 2016

At first, seeing Dr. Bantly was a pleasant experience. I told him my needs, and he prescribed medication. However, after calling the office to cancel an appointment because my son was very sick, the receptionist (Shiela) got very short with me and told me that I have a $130.00 cancellation fee coming to my home for missing the 30 min. appointment. This was only my second time every canceling in two years, but the receptionist literally lied to me, telling me that I had canceled several times before. I knew that this was not true, so she said she would pull my charts to tell me the dates, but never did. She instead chose to try to argue with me over the phone. Keep in mind that this "fee" is written nowhere in the paperwork, which she even admitted. Please be careful as they are clearly only about getting your money. Also, I read another review and it is very true. Dr. Bantly spends the entire time talking about meaningless things to pass the time (his family, remodeling his house, his kids in college, jokes, etc.) I will be finding someone else that is honest and fair to their clients.

Posted on April 25th, 2016

One of the finest doctors I have ever met.

Posted on December 10th, 2015

Excellent Dr..

Posted on January 18th, 2015

Highly intuitive with a keen insight. Great bedside manner. I refer friends and family members only to Dr. Bantly.

alone

Posted on April 15th, 2014

I use to think bantley was the only person i could talk to. He has been my dr since i was was 16.i never found another dr bc i thought bantley knows me best and he can help me. Granted for the last few years i havent been able to afford to see him bc i have been on my own i have hsd abusive relationships since then and fineally felt i couldnt take anymore. I made a appointment and she said i will talk to bantley and see if you need 30 min or a full hr. She called me back and said im sorry but bantley isnt going to continue having you as a patient.. ya kno?? Are you serious you are the only dr i have ever known.. note to self if u cant afford to go see him and you TRY TO BE AS COMFORTABLE AS YOU CAN IN LIFE TRYING TO SMILE AND ONE DAY YOU THINK YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MIND BUT IT MIGHT B OK IF YOU VAN TALK TO THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS EVER UNDERSTOOD YOU... OOHH WELL HE WILL REJECT YOU LIKE YOU ARE NOTHING and hopefully you werent thinking of harming yourself that day.

I'm TICKED

Posted on September 8th, 2013

I went to Dr.Bantly for an appointment, and it made my wonder if he was a doctor, as he knows VERY LITTLE about psychiatry/psychology. Don't get me started on how LONG the wait was. He wasn't able to back up any of his reasoning, as I also majored in psychology, and I asked him many questions. After realizing this, he tried to "shoo" me out and his staff messed up my insurance information, and I had to fill out the form AGAIN. I recommend a different doctor for everyone! He's HORRIBLE!

Amazing Doctor

Posted on August 16th, 2012

- Cares about patients- Uses small talk to observe behavior- Adjusts medication as needed- He knows psychology - Responds to after hour calls- Great psychiatrist- Very flexible

outstanding

Posted on May 9th, 2011

caring and kind doctor...treats not only the mind and soul but physical symptoms as well.

Recommended by friend

Posted on April 7th, 2011

Dr.Bantley was very educated with my condition and after research and experienced with other doctors I can say that he is the very best doctor for my condition. He knew every medication and every side effect. My only complaint's are what come's after medicine. Anyone can see their doctor nervously and hope they have a "happy" answer. My only complaint with Dr.Bantley is that he see's his patients better with a short talk. He's brilliant with medication.I truley owe my life to Dr.Bantly, but would recommend theapy while seeing him.

Over 20 years, Dr. Bantly has always been supportive

Posted on May 5th, 2010

Dr, Bantly is first a psychiatrist, not a psychologist - he will try to help you with meds, but he also has very capable psychologists in his office for psychotherapy. As a doctor, he is amazingly knowledgeable and he gives fantastic referrals if you need one. He was instrumental in helping with my son's infected thumbnail (my son is his patient). Dr. Bantly laughs a lot and is remarkably flexible. He will prescribe what he expects will work best, but if it doesn't he is quick to change and will often offer free samples to try. He understands the place of empiricism when it comes to depression. Best of all, he ALWAYS BELIEVES WHAT YOU SAY - he doesn't try to discount your feelings as many doctors do. He always returns my calls and is just much more accessible than most doctors. His staff has been very patient with my occasional lack of organization.