Surgeons
Kaiser Permanente Hospital - Oakland
280 W MacArthur Blvd
Sheffield Village, Oakland, CA 94611
510-752-1000
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  show details
Oct 29th, 2012

I had to have a revision shortly after my Birmingham Hip Resurfacing. It was never right and ended up gouging my femoral neck and poisoning my blood. The decision to use this device was made rather abruptly and without much consideration by Dr. Barber; he had never met me before and decided within 20 minutes that this was my best option. When I contacted him about the need for revision confirmed by other doctors (3 years later), he was less than interested.

|  hip resurfacings  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2011

I was happy to find doctor Barber I'm a forty year old female with severe arthritis and doctor Barber help me when no one else would. Just had my Sergey on the 20th of Dec.2010 and so far I'm very pleased with the results. What could be better than no more pain and getting the quality of life back. :O)

|  Total Knee Replacement  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2009

I have had 2 knee replacements. The right knee was done by Dr. Barber years ago. I have had constant pain since this surgery and he is not at all sympathetic, although his nurse is very kind. He is arrogant.

|  Hip Replacement Surgery  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2008

Dr. Barber is probably one of the best hip replacement surgeons in Northern California. Highly qualified, very easy to talk to, and extremely well informed. I had both hips done in the last three years, and just started skiing again. I'm in my 60's. He gave me my life back!