Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

by jon mohr on Dec 25th, 2015

superstar

Terrible Experience show details Terrible Experience
by Nancy on Apr 6th, 2015

Dr. Barber did my knee replacement surgery years ago. It never healed properly and has been painful ever since. Then I ran into a woman whose surgery was so bad that she sued Kaiser and won a settlement! I have heard his surgeries have been curtailed considerably. Good. I would not let this guy near me again.

Mar 11th, 2015

Excellent surgery in a brand new hospital with a wonderful staff

Oct 29th, 2012

I had to have a revision shortly after my Birmingham Hip Resurfacing. It was never right and ended up gouging my femoral neck and poisoning my blood. The decision to use this device was made rather abruptly and without much consideration by Dr. Barber; he had never met me before and decided within 20 minutes that this was my best option. When I contacted him about the need for revision confirmed by other doctors (3 years later), he was less than interested.

Total Knee Replacement show details Total Knee Replacement
Aug 19th, 2009

I have had 2 knee replacements. The right knee was done by Dr. Barber years ago. I have had constant pain since this surgery and he is not at all sympathetic, although his nurse is very kind. He is arrogant.

Hip Replacement Surgery show details Hip Replacement Surgery
Jun 26th, 2008

Dr. Barber is probably one of the best hip replacement surgeons in Northern California. Highly qualified, very easy to talk to, and extremely well informed. I had both hips done in the last three years, and just started skiing again. I'm in my 60's. He gave me my life back!