Dr. Thomas Barker MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 9th, 2016
Up to age 62
As of 2016, Dr Barker accepts patients up to 62. Once you are an established patient, it doesn't matter how old you are. I'm 63. As for the office staff, I've had no problems. I like the fact that my email gets a quick response. The MCNT group has many doctors so if I see a specialist in the group, my records are immediately available.

March 28th, 2016
Been seeing Dr Barker for many years, still spends as much time with me as he did 13 years ago. Still listens!!!!!

April 18th, 2014
Great Doctor... Disappointing Office
The quality of care he provides is offset by the lack of care his staff gives

September 24th, 2013
Very nice office-professional staff. This doctor is so thorough and very interested in you as a person-not just a patient. Takes his time with you. Saw him as a new patient and spent about 30 minutes with me going over everything. I like him because he did not ONCE turn his back to me to type into computer--unlike my other doctor!! Made me feel like a person with feelings instead of just another patient!

May 13th, 2013
Phenomenal Level of Care
I now see why less than 1% of Physicians in our Country hold the distinctions that Dr. Barker does. Beyond level of care, impeccable diagnostic skills, and patience with every patient alike, Dr. Barker has a compassion for people that reminds each of us why we believe our doctors take the Hippocratic Oath to care for our needs. I highly recommend him, his staff, and would say that not having him as a doctor would be a loss to any patient.

July 31st, 2012
GREAT DOCTOR AND PERSON
Dr Barker is the first primary care physican that Ive ever had that actually cares. Kind, warm, helpful and always ready to listen and not seem in a hurry.

July 23rd, 2012
The best in Arlington
I have been examined by four doctors in Arlington. I picked Dr. Barker from a list provided by my insurance company and he was the nearest in terms of distance. He also turned out to be the best. I have been going to him for over five years. He is also my wife's physician.His office staff can get some lessons in properly greeting and dealing with patients but this has shown improvements in the last year.

April 10th, 2012
the World's Best Doctor
Dr. Barker is absolutely the very best doctor. His knowledge of medicine is stellar. He knows everything possible to know about whatever is wrong with you. However, my highest praise goes to his "bedside" manner. He is so caring, so thoughtful, so kind. He spends so much time with you, listening to every word you say, asking questions. He is genuinely concerned about you and your health. When I walk out, I always feel as if I've been to visit a very good friend who cares deeply about me. I've never seen a doctor with this type of manner. I wouldn't go to anyone else!

April 10th, 2012
Best Doctor Ever!
Dr. BArker's professionalism is stellar. His knowledge of medicine is above reproach. But it is his personality that clearly shines above that ...

October 13th, 2011
Age discrimination
I am looking for a new Dr. closer to my home. Dr. Barker was highly recommended by two friends who are his patients. When I inquired if Dr. Barker was accepting new patients I was told yes until the receptionist aked my age. She then informed me he does not accept anyone 50 or over. (I am 50)When I questioned why, she could not provide me with a satisfactory answer. He does accept my insurance plan. I am not on medicaid. It seems the only reason he doesn't not want my business is because of my age. I can not speak to his professionalism. My friends who go to him seem to really like him. What I can say, is if you are 50 or over, don't look here because you will have no luck.

October 13th, 2011
Discriminatory practices
I am switching my insurance. I called Dr. Barkers office to see if he was accepting new patients since he is on the list and close to my home. I was told he was only accepting new patients if they were under 50. When I asked what that had to do with anything no one could answer the question to my satisfaction. If he were accepting no new patients or no medicaid patients I could understand. This is not the case. Why would I be excluded because of my age? It's the same as saying. "Oh I'm sorry. Dr. Baker isn't accepting (black) (white) (short) (fat) (blue eyed) patients". It makes no sense to me.

October 2nd, 2010
Dr. Barker is always friendly, professional, and caring. I consider him my friend and depend on him to oversee all of my health related matters.