Dr. Thomas Barman MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Salt Lake City, UT

2.9

April 13th, 2017
Thomas Barman
The worse doctor I have ever had the displeasure to have to encounter. He is rude, unprofessional and arrogant. He had me in tears before I left the office. He put his feet on the desk in front of my face while interrogating me like I had committed some kind of crime. He is completely clueless about his behavior and does not have the back bone to say he may have been in the wrong.

June 29th, 2015
FInd Someone Else
Condescending and rude. Dismissive and arrogant.

March 13th, 2015
Dose not seem to care , I told him I was depressed ready to clime walls & jump out of my skin. He said I was fine no new complaints. I Had never told him that befor.

March 9th, 2015
Go to Someone who Cares
Dr. Barman is one of the most egotistical men I have ever had the dissatisfaction of meeting. He was incapable of listening as he was too busy talking about himself. I will NEVER return to this practice.

December 31st, 2013
Very arrogant, wants to feel superior to his patients
Dr. Barman has to be one of the most arrogant people I have ever encountered. He was awful as a diagnostician because he never listened to anything I had to say. A very frustrating experience. I will NEVER go back. This man needs an attitude adjustment.

July 11th, 2013
As a medical PROFESSIONAL getting paid $100+ per visit, a physician should at minimum take your blood pressure, family history and give you more than 3 seconds to answer a question before replying with a condescending, assumptive or defensive remark. If you are looking for answers to your health concerns, if you have symptoms that frighten you or or may require an actual diagnosis or If you don't want a physician who will sit and read his friends internet blogs while you ask about the heart palpitations and chest pains you are experiencing. I would recommend you look elsewhere.

April 23rd, 2013
Favorite Dr. ever, except my own dad!
I have been a patient of Dr. Barman's for over 20 yrs. I am very picky about my medical care because my father was a doctor. I have high standards. Dr. Barman has a sense of humor that some who have responded here have miss-understood. He is brilliant and takes TIME with you. I have sent no less than 30 patients to him. He has saved a friend's life because her previous Drs. had her on conflicting meds. He truly cares about his patients. I trust him with my life, as well as my daughters and friends lives.

February 8th, 2013
Terrible
Dr. Barman behaved rudely and arrogantly--as if I, the patient, didn't matter and was just wasting his time. He hardly listened to me (I suppose he wanted to hear himself talk, so he cut me off every time I tried to say something about my problem). He completely missed the point of my visit and prescribed a medication that targetted one of the symptoms but had little relation to the overall problem. Moreover, it turns out that he was either not knowledgeable or not honest about the side effects of the medication. Terrible, terrible experience.

January 24th, 2013
Never again
I went to Dr. Barman bcs.i was sick & my dr. was not in the office. His nurse asked me a bunch of questions and when he came in, he proceeded to point out what she had done wrong and tried to"teach"her while I was sitting there listening. He was condescending to both of us. When he listened to my breathing, he would move the stethoscope and then shake my arm. When I didn't breathe in, he said "go." When he asked me a question, if I hesitated, he said "that's a no."and went on to the next question. I've been looking up my symptoms on line and am convinced that his diagnosis was completely wrong, because he didn't actually get enough information from me to make it. He was too busy being impressed with himself to get accurate information from me.

September 26th, 2012
Dr. Barman
If you look for a direct approch to your medical problems he is great. I appreciate his not glossing over issues and getting right to the problem.

January 25th, 2012
Rude
On my first appointment to see this doctor he came into the exam room eating his sandwich and did not even introduce himself. I finally said "you must be dr Barman?" and he said "ya" and kept eating. Then I had a reaction to a medication he gave me, after I had told him I had had a reaction to a similar medication, and he assured me this was a different med and when I called his office because of serious side effects I didn't get a return call either so I finally went to another doctor who told me I should have never been given that medication with my medical history, which I had discussed with Dr. Barman.

October 18th, 2011
Was not up front with me on medications he prescribed.
I told him of my alergies and previous experience with a certain type of drug. He assured me it was not that type of drug. After I took it for awhile I started having a reaction and when I left two messages for him to call me back he never returned my calls.