Dr. Thomas Basco MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8
  • 7 reviews

October 22nd, 2015
BEST OBGYN HANDS DOWN
Dr. Basco delivered my son and he is the best. He listened to what I wanted and didn't want to happen during the birth of my son. He was patient with me and gentle. He was with me for over 3 hours straight during my sons delivery.

February 22nd, 2014
The best GYN I ever had.
I have a variety of special case and chronic gynecological issues. Meeting Dr. Basco was one of the best things that could have happened. I was under his care for about a year before a financial issue on my end made further appointments impossible. He explored all options for treatment, some of which I hadn't encountered before - which was great. Dealing with the same problems for 8 years leads to hearing doctors repeat ideas for treatment that have already been tried and been unsuccessful. Not Dr. Basco. He took the time to listen to my concerns, details about prior experiences, and treatments I had undergone. He also completed my second diagnostic laprascopy. I couldn't have imagined a more caring group of people working with me through it. He is. undoubtedly, one of the best gynecologists in Virginia.

May 6th, 2013
Cares as much as you would hope a doctor would.
I went to OBGYN Associates for my prenatal care and Dr. Basco just delivered my baby girl two weeks ago. I was seen by each of the 8 doctors/nurse practitioners in the practice during my pregnancy. They want you to "get to know" all of the docs throughout your pregnancy to minimize your odds of having your baby delivered by a stranger...which could still end up happening because there are two other on call doctors for deliveries that aren't even a part of their practice. I didn't like that at all... Honestly, around the middle of my third trimester i started to get a little displeased that I didn't get to see a single doctor more than a couple of times... It made me feel like they were all basically still strangers to me anyway. However, by the end of my third trimester, although I had only seen him a couple of times, it was clear to my husband and I that Dr. Basco was our preferred doctor. I may have only seen him 3 or 4 times total but he made a good impression. Our visits with him were great! He made us laugh, he let my husband participate as much as possible (allowing him to use the doppler, measure my belly etc.) and he speaks in a way that is very positive and reassuring and puts you at ease, which is extremely important during your pregnancy. As other reviewers have stated, he cares, and you can tell. My daughter was born via c-section and I am so grateful that Dr Basco was there to deliver her. She had some complications (malpresentation-elbow sticking out with her head, and the cord wrapped around her neck) and things could've turned out very badly had he not rushed back to the hospital as fast as possible(risking a speeding ticket as he joked during the surgery). Thanks to Dr. Basco I now have a beautiful, perfectly healthy baby girl and I couldn't be happier.

October 17th, 2012
No follow ups
I went in for an exam and it is like pulling teeth to get him to call me back... maybe a MONTH after my test he can find 10 mins to give me a call to let me know the results!!

September 16th, 2011
Happy Patient
I have been under Dr. Basco's care for a little over 2 years now. Recently I was diagnosed w/ an endometrioma and Dr. Basco took very good care of me. His staff is caring and helpful. He is compasionate, informative and takes his time with his patients. I highly recommend him as a physician. Newport News, VA

May 10th, 2010
A wonderful doctor
I can't say enough kind things about Dr.Basco!He delivered my daughter,and I had such a wonderful birthing experience,I chose him again when I got pregnant with my son.He is deeply devoted to his patients and really cares about their needs.He has since moved on to another hospital,and will be greatly missed.I only hope that if I decide to have anymore kids,the next doctor will be half as caring!

May 2nd, 2010
Wonderful!!!
Dr.Basco was my doctor for my first child. He was excellent through out my entire pregnancy. He is extremely nice and very caring. He always took time with me during my appointments. He never rushed and he always investigated anything that needed to be checked on through out the entire process. He explained everything in non medical terms so it was so much easier to understand. His staff was also great. Very respectable and caring. My labor and delievery was not bad at all, they all kept me comfortable at all times. My son was not living and blue when he was born. Dr. Basco and the wonderful nurses bought my son back to me and I am blessed to have him with me today. I thank god everyday for Dr.Basco and staff. If I have another child in the future I am hoping that he will still be in my area. Overall rating on a scale of 1-10...I give him a 100.