Dr. Thomas Bascom Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Bascom?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 28th, 2013

Office staff is absolutely horrible. They can't seem to get anything right.

October 29th, 2012

Excellent dr!!! Highly recommended!!

August 14th, 2011

I had an on going issue with a pilonidal cyst for over 3 years I live across the country from where Dr. Bascom practices so I thought I would email him to see if he had any suggestions. He called me an hour after I emailed him, and spoke to me over the phone for over an hour. He is extremely knowledgeable in his field, and very very caring.

March 24th, 2011

He was my third surgeon for the same problem and was by far the best out of the three. He came in on his off time on the weekend to check up on me and was always able to get a hold of.

November 5th, 2009

Came all the way from CO to see him and it was WELL worth it!

Dr. Bascom is a top expert in pilonidal care. I underwent a pilonidal excision surgery in 2005 with the surgical wound never healing. After many weeks of effort with the surgeon, I was told I needed the surgery again. I could not figure out how doing the same thing twice would provide different results. So I sought out a second opinion (in CO) and was given the same confusing information. After more research, I found that there were many who had this experience and that people traveled from all around the world to have their last surgery with Dr. Bascom. Thankfully for me, it was only my second.What I appreciated about him was that he and his father developed a new way to do the procedure that had better success rates. After I traveled there, he determined I did not have a pilonidal abscess and performed a different operation entirely. I think that it could have been easy to fall into the path that another 2 doctors outlined for him by assuming I had pilonidal issues. But he was willing to search outside the box and felt I had a different issue. I had the surgery 51 weeks to the day from the original surgery and the new procedure healed within weeks (as it was supposed to) where the original surgery never did. Finally, Dr. Bascom was willing to help with post-op questions by email and he even provided me with a referral in CO in the event I needed someone. It has now been 3 years and I have not experienced any issues. Deciding to travel to OR to see him was one of the best things I have ever done with regard to my health.

April 19th, 2017