A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Bates:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Bates is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Bates
Ragweed Allergy Patient Education Guide For information on how to diagnose and treat ragweed allergies, read Vitals' ragweed allergy patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Bates Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Bates, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Bates graduated from Temple University Physicians, Philadelphia. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Bates has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Carteret County Gen Hospital
- Carteret General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas Edward Bates MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 19 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Thomas E. Bates practice?
- Dr. Thomas Bates has 4 office locations.
Dr. Thomas Bates practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near Morehead City, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Swansboro, NC and Beaufort, NC.
See Morehead City Surgeons and Morehead City Orthopedic Surgeons.