Emergency Physicians, Surgical Specialist

1401 Medical Pkwy
Ste 220
Cedar Park, TX 78613
512-260-1581
Locations and availability (3)

|  Where do I start?  |  show details
by Bryan Novak on Feb 8th, 2013

I had TIF surgery on 7/11/2011. I was told I would be getting out of the ICU around noon the next day. I ended up getting out at after 7:30 at night as my ride waited impatiently. I was being told by the ICU staff that Dr. Bening would be there around 3:30, then 4:30, then 5:30 and he finally came at 7:40 at night. I was very agitated by then and had taken the sensors off my abdomen. I felt like I had been flogged physically and mentally. All he had to say is "I knew you were the anxious type the first time we met". Well, it is 2/8/13 and my GERD is back and I am taking opeprazole again. His staff will give you the run around. I was supposed to have an appointment yesterday on 2/7/13. I took the whole day off for this appointment. I was called a little over 90 minutes before the appointment that they had to cancel it because he was in ER and that he didn't get any sleep until 7:00 in the morning and that he was going off to ER again. That is practically the same story I got when I had my TIF. Ask yourself this, would you want this doctor cutting on you? Even the staff at Cedar Park Regional said that he has no bedside manner. They got that right. I am so glad I did not do a survey about this doctor in 2011. His nurse had the nerve to tell me last month that it is normal to get heartburn and that I am just part of the general population. She was very rude, very confrontational, and very unprofessional. If you climb the ladder and complain, they start ignoring your and wonder why you keep calling them. Meanwhile I wait for the results of the upper GI I got last month. I will take this up with the Texas Board of Medical Examiners if I have too. I will also take this up with the Texas Board of Nursing if I have too.

|  Colon Surgery  |  show details
by L.E. on Dec 28th, 2010

After years of seeing several doctors about my diverticulitis Dr. Bening was the first to actually do something about it.He suggested a Colon Re-section to be done lapro style. Dr. Bening explained the process throughly and made me feel confortable by answering all my questions. He was not "pushy" nor was he arrogant, he listened to my concerns and spent time addressing my concerns. He performed the surgery and all went very well. Dr. Bening is very skilled in his trade and knows what he's doing. After surgery he continued to address any concerns and spent time with me letting me know what to expect for the next few weeks until I fully recovered.I would highly recommend Dr. Bening to anyone who needs a surgeon. I would recommend Dr. Bening to friends and family. My overall experience was very good.