Dr. Thomas Bloom MD Patient Reviews

September 16th, 2015
Great Pediatrician and Staff
Dr Bloom has cared for all of our 4 children since birth. My kids love him so much that they refused to get a new Pediatrician when we moved. We drive over 20 miles to see him and his staff is always understanding and caring.

January 2nd, 2015
Dr. Bloom is both my sons pediatrician. I have only good things to say about him. He will see you in an emergency situation with no problem. When he didn't like the way my oldest's sons heart sounded, he immediately recommended a pediatric cardiologist. My youngest has a urological issue from birth that he has been monitoring and he just referred him to a pediatric urologist because it is not progressing the way it should have after my son turned one. He will answer any question you have over the phone and if he is with patients will call you right back. Don't know what I am going to do when the boys can't see him anymore.

June 19th, 2013
Best Doctor in the World
He saw my son shortly after birth. He's always answered my questions and provided the best of care for my child. I dread the day my son will be too old to see. I recommend him to all my friends and family.

November 8th, 2012
They Charge 75 Cents per Page for Blood Work Diagnosis!
Dr. Bloom is an average pediatrician. I wait about 40 minutes for less than 10 minutes exam for my son. That's fine, as many other pediatricians are in that way. I just thought it's bogus to charge $0.75 per page for a b/w copy of my son's blood work result. I've never charged for a copy of test result from any kind of doctors.

September 18th, 2012
The Best Pediatrician Ever
Dr. Bloom has been our two daughter's pediatrician for the past 17 years. He is a genuine, caring doctor and truly cares about his patients. We moved to Westchester County 16 years ago yet still continue annual checkups, emergency visits, etc. with Dr. Bloom.

May 3rd, 2011
Great Dr awsome Staff
I can only recomend this dr's office The front desk is very frindly and kind the medical assistant is also very nice and interacts with the kids.very easy to get a appointment no long waits at all

November 16th, 2010
Stay away from this doctor.
One and only advice - Stay away from this doctor, its medical office and staff!Recently I had (and still having) very negative experience dealing with this medical office, when I had to take both of my kids for regular check-up in order to fill-out their school medical forms. First of all, the staff of this medical office refused to make an appointment with seeing actual medical insurance cards for my kids. After I got an appointment and took my kids there, we had wait for almost 1 hour before the doctors assistant invited us in. Before the doctor came in, his assistant looked through our papers and said that wed need to pay additional $10 per child to have our school forms filled in; also, she mentioned that wed need to pay additional $10 per child for an eye exam, which would be performed at that office. After that, Dr. Bloom came in, briefly checked the kids and said that we need to have a blood test. Were given blood test referrals and had another appointment scheduled for next week to visit the doctor again to do physical exam.We took our blood test the same week and a day before our second appointment, Ive received a call from Dr. Blooms office notifying me that our second appointment is going to be either canceled or re-scheduled due to high volume of sick kids coming that day to the office. I was told to go to their second office in Astoria (first one is located in Rego Park) at 3 pm next day. I took my kids there the next day and again were waiting for at least 30 minutes before the doctors assistant called us. Dr. Bloom came in, briefly checked both kids again, although one of them had very hoarse coughing. He said that wed need to visit eye and ear doctors. Were not given any referrals there, instead I was told to go to their Rego Park office to pick them up there.Today, my spouse picked those referrals and I found out that one of the referrals (to ear doctor) was written out to a specialist, which is located about 10 miles from our apartment building. So, Im going to clarify that tomorrow. The battle isnt ended yet.

July 16th, 2008
Great pediatrician
We just started seeing Dr. Bloom six months ago and both my kids love him. It's never hard to get an appointment, the staff never overbooks, and Dr. Bloom keeps my kids laughing from start to finish.