3.0

Excellent health experience, in my opinion. show details Excellent health experience, in my opinion.
by B Binford on Jun 4th, 2016

Dr. Bramhall has a friendly and bedside manner with his patients. He is the best ENT doctor I have had. Dr. Bramhall is a good listener and gives you the time you need and answers all your questions. I recommend him highly to anyone who is searching for a good ENT specialist.

Billing show details Billing
by Nigel hauck on Nov 9th, 2015

Good experience with doctor and visit however exorbitant billing, ask me to come back for what appeared to be an included follow up to the initial expensive visit only to find they tacked on another very expensive bill for little effort. Their justification the person performing the follow up has a Masters degree (I guess I am helping to pay for it) They were not very upfront about this being another expensive visit, if I had known I would have passed.

Worst Medical Experience Ever show details Worst Medical Experience Ever
by Lost Patience on Oct 12th, 2015

My experience was pretty consistent with the other 1 star comments below. First, I spent an HOUR AND A HALF in his waiting room even though the office was empty when I came in. Then a sour face nurse led me into the back and took my information, before making me wait another thirty minutes. When the doctor came in, he just looked at me funny before pretending to punch me in the nose (I was there to assess damage after being kicked in the nose during martial arts class). I had some congestion but wasn't sure if it was due to the injury or the allergy. Dr. Bramhall told me he didn't know either, said he couldn't tell and didn't really do any thing other than look up my nostrils and say "Yes, you have a lot of congestion". He said I probably had a deviated septum, though he didn't do any kind of sight test or imaging to verify. He recommended Flonaise for three months and if I still felt "uncomfortable", to schedule a septoplasty with him. Finally, he told me I had a big nose and suggested rhinoplasty as well. The whole experience was extremely unprofessional. As one of the other reviewers said...he's kind of a quack.

He's kind of a quack show details He's kind of a quack
by Confused on Oct 6th, 2015

I just visited for the first time, and left his office with 100 more questions than answers, and feeling very confused. I went because I sometimes have trouble swallowing- seems like a pretty basic condition in his field. He not only came up with no possible diagnosis, or solutions, but told me "I don't really know. I don't have all the answers." I read some of the comments below and see that others have had similar experiences. Um hello. You are a doctor in this field- you SHOULD know- that's why I came to you. He seemed to just want to brush me off and not help me. He also babbled a lot, like ran on tangents that had nothing to do with the matter at hand. Kind of like he was trying to make analygies but they were weird, and I'd have no idea what he talking about, and then he'd say, "you know what I mean?" And finally one time I said "no. I don't." And his assistant even said "Yeah, I think you lost us." Pretty bizarre. Next we talked about my deviated septum which I would like to have fixed. I asked about insurance coverage and getting a cost estimate, but he gave me some weird non-answer answer. Like "well we can't really know how much it will cost. I mean we can, but we can't." was really the gist. He actually said "it would be easier if you would just do it, and then we'lol figure out the cost after." Ummm no. Especially after reading the other reviews on here. The complaints were very consistent with my experience except he didn't mention religion. After he left I told the assistant that I was very confused. And she didn't really help me to understand either. Am I supposed to come back? Am I supposed to have a test done at another facility? If so, where? Will yall call me or do I need to call you? I have no idea. Think I will just live with my throat problem, and move on. Oh and I waited 45 minutes in the waiting room. They weren't even busy. I'm that time I only saw one person go in and one person come out.

patient show details patient
by never again on Sep 24th, 2015

waiting one hour and was lectured about religion and giving my stress over to God. No answers but allot of talk about religion. Strangest Dr. I have ever gone to. Felt like he belittled my condition and wanted me to give it over to God instead of seeing a Dr. Oddest man I have ever met.

Great doctor, poor suppoer staff show details Great doctor, poor suppoer staff
Apr 13th, 2015

The visit was fine but the bill that followed was insane. Especially when I was specifically told that it would not be anything out of the normal co pay amount. If you want to see this Dr., be 100% sure you have the funds to do so because what the office staff tells you that you will have to pay, is not correct. Even when you check and double check BEFORE you even go back to see the doctor. Now I'm left with a huge bill that I cannot afford and my only option is to pay or be turned over to collections. I called the office to discuss but they were unwilling to help AT ALL.

Mad show details Mad
Dec 3rd, 2014

Worst doctor ever. If I wanted a sermon, I would have gone to church. He was totally rude and told me only god had answers to my questions. He was very creepy and lectured me about bravery instead of trying to cure me. Wouldn't send my worse enemy there. Stay away.

Seemed off balance show details Seemed off balance
by PamS on Aug 26th, 2014

Kept saying things like I don't have all the answers, only God does. Seemed to have medical knowledge but all the weird heavy handed religious talk was not reassuring. Even if you are a person of faith that is not how a visit with a physician should go. It was kindof scary and invasive.

Sinus surgery and office visits show details Sinus surgery and office visits
by Kevin Lasater on Jan 1st, 2014

I have seen Dr. Bramhall over the last 2 years for chronic sinus infections. I was very impressed how Dr. Bramhall worked with me and tried alternative care as opposed to sinus surgery. After all other efforts did not yield desired results, Dr. Bramhall reviewed having sinus surgery. Dr. Bramhall was very detailed on the pros and cons. I recently had sinus surgery at Baylor Surgicare at Lewsville, Dr. Bramhall is an excellent doctor / surgeon and I would recommend Dr. Bramhall to any patient.

by lisa shafer on Jul 22nd, 2013

This doctor took out my parathyroid glands by accident. This leaves me needing a special vitamin D that is expensive and calcium four times a day for the rest of my life. If I get sick and vomit then I have to go to an ER for an IV of calcium. When I report that I don't have them to an ER doc or a new doc that I see and give my history they ask why I don't have my parathyroids and they always, without fail, say "you know that only happens in third world countries." I wish at the time this happened (2005) I would have sued him but gave him the benefit of the doubt, that it happens and now that I've read more and talked to more doctors they all agree that this was negligence. Also my procedure was a total thyroidectomy and he left part of it, which has grown back and I will need to have another surgery. Beware!!!!

SHAM of a Doctor... show details SHAM of a Doctor...
Jan 31st, 2013

DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU... Only the money in your pocket. No bedside manner, Skimped on the topical anesthitic... felt every pain there was whil in the "comfort" of his office. STAY AWAY!

don't go to him show details don't go to him
Aug 31st, 2012

He's a quack and very unprofessional.

Great Dr. show details Great Dr.
May 11th, 2012

He knew what the issue was with my ear and fixed. Very happy with results.

Sadly Disappointed show details Sadly Disappointed
Aug 8th, 2011

After reading the previous reviews about the office, wait time, etc., I thought you should know that once you get in to see the doctor you'll realize the wait time isn't the worst problem. Are you kidding me? I have never in my life walked out of a doctor's office more frustrated and upset! Dr. Bramhall is a MORON! Not only did he not diagnose my problem at all, he just repeated my symptoms back to me and told me he didn't know how to help me. He also said repeatedly throughout the visit that he, "could be wrong and didn't know all the answers". What??? You're the specialist! If someone comes in having an ear infection/sinusutus that lasts 5 weeks and still can't hear after 3 rounds of antibiotics, and 2 rounds of steroids... I think you should be able to tell them what the problem is and how to remedy it! Didn't you go to school to learn how to treat problems of the ear, nose, and throat??? Sadly, if you are looking to find someone to tell you what the ear looks like, repeat your symptoms back to you, and smile at you a lot than this is your man. BUT, if you have a real problem with your ear, nose, or throat I suggest you look elsewhere for a REAL doctor that can help you.

Teddy Bear under Harsh Exterior... show details Teddy Bear under Harsh Exterior...
by Deb in Flower Mound on Mar 14th, 2011

To be honest, the office staff is not all TOP NOTCH. I have worked in Medical/Dental offices before and good staff is hard to find. His SURGICAL schedule team is GREAT (the back/behind the scenes office staff is wonderful.....but the fools at the front can leave much to be desired). I will simply review this doctor this way....I have trusted him with my children (both since babies....multiple tube and other surgeries) I have trusted him with my hubby (broken nose after basketball injury.....really bad broken nose) and myself (adult surgery for tonsiel removal, deviated septum and uvula trimmed).....mind you this was after I saw the BEST Doctor in all of Dallas for the possibility of the same surgery and was so turned off would not have trusted him to water my plants!!!! I went into my surgery for nose and tonseil removal with the understanding that I was out and ANYTHING ELSE he saw that needed done to DO IT NOW not wait for another chance....this was it. He mad the WISE choice to trim my EXTREMELY LARGE Uvula (thank God he did or I would have not been able to breathe after the swelling set in) and as an added benefit...I no longer have a snoring issue that was due to the uvula issue. This Doctor may seem a bit harsh or direct.....like most surgeons he does NOT beat around the bush. Some may take this as rude, but I can tell you he is not rude just VERY knowledgeable and direct.....why waste time when you know what needs to be done. I WARN people that he seems gruff but is a BIG TEDDY BEAR and most with that prep do very well with him. If he says you need something....you or your child need it. HE IS NOT SURGERY HAPPY and has turned many away with a "you don't need this." He is VERY Knowledgeable and will not waste yours or his time......but he will ALWAYS have YOU make the final call on anything. Simply said if your kid needs tubes he will tell you but YOU need to agree and book the procedure. If you seem unsure you will go through a few more ear issues with your kid until you agree to BOOK the appointment for treatment. He is a parent and understands that he can be 100 % sure what your child needs but the parents can't hesitate.....they have to be 100% on board because they are dealing with the post surgery (and pre-surgery) child's issues and care. I hope this helps anyone looking for a great ENT and I hope this helps you meet this great Doctor with the very direct personality on your radar so not to be thrown. I can tell you that he is a loving, warm, wonderful doctor and beyond what may throw some at first (his direct or harsh seeming behavior) is a generous, kind doctor that will always look at you and your child as if you were his own family!!!!

Oct 11th, 2010

Jun 17th, 2009

One of the best doctor appointments I've ever had. Dr. Bramhall spent a lot of time explaining my condition in terms I could understand. He made me feel very comfortable and at ease. I'd recommend him to anyone.

cannot say enough wonderful things show details cannot say enough wonderful things
May 11th, 2009

Staff is more professional and helpful than any Dr's office I have been in. Dr is wonderful with great bedside manor. Excellent place to be for care.

Wonderful! show details Wonderful!
by Amy Payne on Jan 6th, 2009

We have seen Dr. Bramhall for the past 4 years for my son's ear issues (2 sets of tubes, plus other problems). Everyone in his office has been exceptional. We visited his office VERY regularly and had a consistent high quality of care. My only complaint is that he is not our pediatrician. I think he missed his true calling in life! He is much more personable and good with my son than any pediatrician we have ever had.

He's Really Changed! show details He's Really Changed!
Oct 31st, 2008

I had a very strange experience with Dr. Bramhall today. I have known him for 10 years. He took my son's tonsils out, evaluated my other son several times for a different condition, and attended to a brief spell I had with vertigo at one time. Today, a year and a half after I last saw him, he is totally different than he used to be. He was arrogant, condescending, a little hostile, triangulating between my son and myself -- just all in all strange and surprisingly out of character. I came to this website and others to see if other patients had noted the same. So far, they haven't -- but I still thought it best to note my observations. If I had met Dr. Bramhall for the first time today and he had been this sort of doctor, I would have walked out and never come back.

Best Doc show details Best Doc
by Kristi Branch on Sep 4th, 2008

Dr. Bramhall is one of the best doctors I have ever seen. I was glad that I got a personal referral to him. He's personable, talks on your level, makes you understand the issues and just an all around great person. He's very knowledgable in his expertise. I highly recommend Dr. Bramhall.