A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Burdon:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Burdon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Burdon, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
Education & Awards
Dr. Burdon graduated from McGill University Faculty Of Medicine, Montreal. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Burdon has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford
- El Camino Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Burdon accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 10 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Thomas A. Burdon practice?
Dr. Thomas Burdon practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Stanford, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Palo Alto, CA.
See Stanford Cardiothoracic Surgeons.