A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Byrd:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Byrd is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Byrd
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Byrd Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Byrd, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Eye Diseases
- Macular Degeneration
- Pink eye (Conjunctivitis)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Byrd graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor.
Dr. Byrd has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas J Byrd MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 26 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Thomas J. Byrd practice?
- Dr. Thomas Byrd has 1 office location.
Dr. Thomas Byrd practices Ophthalmology near Lincoln Park, MI.
See Lincoln Park Ophthalmologists.