A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Chen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Chen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Chen, MD, PHD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Brain Cancer
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Radiation Oncology
- Spinal Cancer
- Spinal Stenosis
Education & Awards
Dr. Chen graduated from University of California at San Francisco. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Chen has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Methodist Hospital of Southern California
- Los Angeles County + University of Southern California Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Chen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 4 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- CaIOPTIMA - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Thomas C. Chen practice?
Dr. Thomas Chen practices Neurological Surgery near Los Angeles, CA.
See Los Angeles Surgeons.