A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Smitherman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Smitherman is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Smitherman, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Smitherman graduated from University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Dr. Smitherman has 8 hospital affiliations:
- UPMC Passavant
- Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas Cecil Smitherman MD is a male Internist, has 44 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Thomas C. Smitherman practice?
- Dr. Thomas Smitherman has 1 office location.
Dr. Thomas Smitherman practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Pittsburgh, PA.
See Pittsburgh Internists and Pittsburgh Cardiologists.