Dr. Thomas Yu MD Patient Reviews

April 1st, 2015
Outstanding professional approach to my skin disease care. Each diagnosis and treatment, including Moe's surgery, was on the mark with satisfactory results.

March 18th, 2015
Beat Dermatologist in DC area
Dr Yu was great, excellent bedside manner, explained everthing and was not condescending nor did he rush things along. I was seen promptly and my appointment was done in less than an hour with basically no waiting. He was friendly and caring, his staff was great too.

August 12th, 2014
Overbooks
Dr Yu performed Mohs surgery on me a few years back. I scheduled an appointment with him months age that was today at 1:50 to check out a few skin blemishes. At 2:30 I was still waiting to get in and asked why I was waiting at 2:30 for a 1:50 appointment? They told me he was "behind" but would see me soon. I explained my time was important too and I left. Dr Yu says he accepts new patients. He already has too many and double/over books his schedule. I will find a new Dermatologist and suggest others think twice before making Dr Yu your dermatologist unless you are willing to sit in a waiting room for hours.

October 16th, 2013
Thomas C. Yu, M.D.(Dermatologist) - Yes, Breast Cancer
I have been going to the Dermatology Center Bethesda office for years. Initially I was seen for several years by Dr. Alison Ehrlich who was exceptional and diagnosed a melanoma that she thankfully picked up in its early stage. After Dr. Ehrlich's prestigious recent departure, Dr. Yu became my doctor. Several months ago I was seeing Dr. Yu for a routine body exam and mentioned a small mass under my arm that other doctors (yes, several) had diagnosed as not an issue, just benign. I mentioned to Dr. Yu that it was slowly getting bigger and he said he would remove it for me. A few days later I received a call from Dr. Yu to return. Thinking it was probably not good news, I never in my dreams (nor his) expected it to be breast cancer. Yes, Dr. Yu, my Dermatologist diagnosed my stage 2 breast cancer. Thank you Dr. Yu for listening to me carefully and being proactive. Over the summer I had a lumpectomy, radiation, and now the Femara followup. I was able to enjoy my daughters wedding a few weeks ago. 2 for 2 for top docs at the Advanced Dermatology Center! (October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month) - you never know when you will be a statistic. See great doctors.

May 14th, 2012
I ithought dr. Yu was very good.