inactive

Thomas V Cacciarelli MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.1

October 11th, 2016
He could care less
I want to tell the people that are writing these reviews about Tom C that this man makes half a million dollars a year therefore his arrogance is completely unbalanced is out of whack he does have a god syndrome he does think he is in fact a God he walks around the va as such.. it's his personality or lack of personality he's rude he's arrogant..he is a very talented man I suppose that's what I'm told but all I do know for a fact is that your stay at the VA if dr. Cacirelli is your doctor u will be an extremely difficult stay and it will be an extremely emotional stay. he is the only transplant doctor there so you have to pray and you have to go along with his ridiculous way he treats patients and their families . what a shame. I honestly and truly pray for the man because with his god-given talent that's one thing to be thankful for but he could make things so much easier and so much simpler he could be so much kinder it's a choice that he's made a choice to be arrogant rude and obnoxious he can turn it around he can be different it's his choice . Lord help him.

September 3rd, 2016
Rude
Incredibly arrogant and rude

June 3rd, 2016
family member
I have read the reviews about and I agree with the first one and the last one. The second review was very favorable of dr. Thomas caccorelli..this doctor must have known him before then referred to him, maybe a family member or one of dr. cacciorelli colleagues knew this family, maybe they had money, I don't know but they were treated very very differently than anyone else who comes through those doors at the VA by dr. Caccorelli.. he really is an extremely experienced man and as above has the gift from God to save lives.. he is in fact extremely hard to talk to ..he walks into a room he does not say hello he does not ask questions and when he does ask a question he quickly turns away before a family member even gets to answer his questions that's very frustrating when you have a family member that is very ill and you need to communicate with your doctor he's arrogant he's egotistical he's self-centered he acts as if he doesn't have time to communicate much less care what a family goes through in this extremely extremely difficult process. After the surgery is over he is no better ..he may drop by say a few sarcastic things and then turn around and walk away.. there is a doctor at the VA in Pittsburgh Intensive Care named dr. brickety and he is absolutely wonderful maybe he can be an example to others there. there's another doctor named dr. Sharma he too is pathetic absolutely pathetic he makes you want to just pack up and leave the hospital then you have an exit interview when you leave the hospital that's a joke as if the administration cares anything about what the family thinks or what the patient thinks all they care about is getting the surgery over with getting the patient and getting paid it's all the bottom line is the big fat money sign which I understand but at the same time it would help the patient extremely and the family extremely if these two main doctors had any kind of compassion whatsoever to pay attention and act like they give one darn about the humans behind all this pain and suffering

April 17th, 2016
liver surgeon
This doctor may be an experienced surgeon but he only practices at the oakland va. He is rude, hard to communicate with, unapproachable, sarcastic. What a shame. God given talent but no people skills at all.

June 5th, 2013
Dr TOM SAVED MY HUSBAND'S LIFE
Everyday I think of Dr. Tom and how hard he worked to pull my husband thru a very difficult liver transplant and recovery. That was 14 1/2 years ago! The Lucas family is so very grateful for the smiles Dr. Tom gave us in the hospital, (UPMC), but most of all for his excellent skill as a liver transplant surgeon.

March 24th, 2012
Should have his license revoked
My father was referred to him at Pittsburgh VA because he was supposed to be really good. We traveled 6 hours to the Pitt VA. It was the worst experience you could imagine. Not only was he extremely rude (after the 2nd day of waiting I had to have a come apart before he would even grace us with his presence), he never addressed my father. The first thing he did was ridicule us by making fun of our southern accent. Beyond that, he basically told us to take him home to waste away and that there was nothing that could be done. My father has a klatskin tumor and after multiple attempts they attached drains and bags to help the jaundice and that was it. In 5 days we saw him for a total of about 15 minutes and that is being generous. He sent his intern the rest of the time. Apparently he also has quite a reputation for treating the people who work for him and at the hospital very poorly too. The nursing staff at VA were very nice. All of the employees there would just roll their eyes and speak negatively about him when I inquired about his manner and why he wouldn't show up to give us any information. Then once we left, he was supposed to meet with the tumor board to be sure there was not a surgical option and get back to us within a week. Did he? Well no. The hospital that referred us there called 2 weeks later and he said he hadn't had time. 2 more weeks went by and they called again and he said there's nothing we can do. We've since gone to Vanderbilt and had just the opposite experience. The surgeon and the oncologist have been beyond wonderful. By the way, the surgeon at VU found out pretty quickly on his own how ridiculous Dr. C was. Dad is doing much better and we are thankful that we ended up at the right hospital and with the right doctors. If you or your family member are being "treated" by this so-called doctor, run.