Dr. Thomas Caputo MD Patient Reviews

• 20 reviews

no change

July 23rd, 2016
an excellent doctor 5 stars!

May 27th, 2016
Staff misdiagnosed twice. Follow up visits to cancer surgery, staff called with recurrence when they were incorrect. Dr. Caputo is condescending and does not listen to educated patients. Disrespectful and breached confidentiality. One of the worst practitioners I've ever seen.

November 1st, 2015
This doctor is an angel sent from heaven!

April 24th, 2015
ultimate caring physician

December 2nd, 2014
I wish I had followed Dr. Caputo's protocol when I was referred by Dr. Cox since as my primary Gynecologist for more than 25 years and the first time my Pap smear came back abnormal. I was diagnosed with HPV-HR, which was a strain that rapidly mutated C1N1 in less t hen a week. Unfortunately, after seeing several Gynecological Oncologist all of whom failed to follow the Protocol of Dr. Caputo which was to preform a LEEP asap, to prevent further dysplasa. I have had the unfortunate experience that none of my Physicians in Florida, followed the Protocol. I have gone thru many procedures, and mistakes that were done. I just went for another trans-vaginal, and awaiting the results and will forward all to Dr. Caputo for advise, and fly up to NYC if I need to proceed with any further surgery. I have the highest regard for Dr. Caputo, and his advice was Spot On!! If you want to put your life in the best hands look no further, Dr. Caputo is the Best, and he will always guide you to the best quality of life for you and the situation that is in his hands, your life. My father was a Surgical Oncologist, and would be the same age as Dr. Caputo if he were alive today. Yes you can not chase Cancer with a knife, but when in doubt "cut it out with clean margins." I respect Dr. Caputo, and I wished my Florida Doctors had followed the Protocol. Please if you can a strange Pap smear or need a second opinion...do not walk but run to Dr. Caputo, he will do everything in his power to tell you the truth, guide you with your options, and move heaven and earth to help you survive with a quality of life. From the bottom of my heart, I am and always will be grateful to Dr. Cox's referral to Dr. Caputo.

July 25th, 2014
He cares
I can only say great things about Dr. caputo. I am his patient for more than 10 years. He saved my life , he even ( personally) called me to follow up on my health when i had to go to a different hospital due to my insurance policy. When the time came that i had a new insurance and i called to make an appointment, he wasn't accepting new patients at that time, but he made an exception when he found out it was me because he really cared. It is true he is not he type of Doctors that goes smiling at everybody, but .he is a profesionnal, and knows what he is talking about. Sooo...saying Doctor Caputo has no manners or he is dishonest is a lie. I've been seen more than 20 times by him and gone thru many surgeries under his care throughout these years and not even one time he's been disrespectful or cold hearted.

November 12th, 2013
I trust him
I found Dr Caputo to be caring and conservative . He explained my situation , and the options. In my case , his advice was to follow my condition, rather than to choose surgery. I feel that I am receiving the best care from Dr . Caputo, and that is a very reassuring feeling.

September 17th, 2013
Very disappointed. He has a terrible bedside manner and seems to be slowing down. He is condescending and arrogant. While he is undoubtedly a skilled surgeon, he does not provide patient centered care.

July 3rd, 2013
The Best
Dr. Caputo saved my life. Besides being a superb doctor, he is a wonderful person. I have been operated on him for ovarian cancer and have seen him often the last 2 years. He has answered all questions and has given me all the time I needed.(which might be why you may have to wait at his office!) He is honest about treatments and his staff follows up with everything. I never second-guessed anything he told me and the best decision I every made was choosing him as my doctor. I am cancer free because of him.

February 2nd, 2013
Dr Caputo has a bad bedside manner and spent virtually no time telling me what the next steps were in terms of my medical care. If you ask questions about the necessity of intrusive procedures, he becomes very angry and short.

July 21st, 2012
Set new level of expectation
Doctor Caputo took his time to explain things to me that doctors have never told me in the past. After seeing him I feel like other doctors are almost abusive in their rough handling of exams. Getting little to no explanation as to what they are doing or why.Without my even asking he explained my condition and took care not to cause any pain or injury. I've had 5 other doctors not even mention it. I understand why he is so highly regarded.

October 29th, 2011
He is special and unique
I have been a patient of Dr. Caputo's for nine years. He is a one of a kind physician. Not only will one not find a more competent doctor, a caring doctor and man, and one with the most expertise in his area. He is truly committed to his patients, is the most honest and respectful of any doctor that I have ever known.He is not the doctor that a patient would want to meet considering that he is a cancer specialist, but one that can be trusted with his medical expertise, and as a caring physician. He will never rush you when you have an appt. and will always answer and explain all of your questions. I would not be able to recommend a better doctor.