Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Apr 24th, 2015

ultimate caring physician

by Debra F. Cole on Dec 2nd, 2014

I wish I had followed Dr. Caputo's protocol when I was referred by Dr. Cox since as my primary Gynecologist for more than 25 years and the first time my Pap smear came back abnormal. I was diagnosed with HPV-HR, which was a strain that rapidly mutated C1N1 in less t hen a week. Unfortunately, after seeing several Gynecological Oncologist all of whom failed to follow the Protocol of Dr. Caputo which was to preform a LEEP asap, to prevent further dysplasa. I have had the unfortunate experience that none of my Physicians in Florida, followed the Protocol. I have gone thru many procedures, and mistakes that were done. I just went for another trans-vaginal, and awaiting the results and will forward all to Dr. Caputo for advise, and fly up to NYC if I need to proceed with any further surgery. I have the highest regard for Dr. Caputo, and his advice was Spot On!! If you want to put your life in the best hands look no further, Dr. Caputo is the Best, and he will always guide you to the best quality of life for you and the situation that is in his hands, your life. My father was a Surgical Oncologist, and would be the same age as Dr. Caputo if he were alive today. Yes you can not chase Cancer with a knife, but when in doubt "cut it out with clean margins." I respect Dr. Caputo, and I wished my Florida Doctors had followed the Protocol. Please if you can a strange Pap smear or need a second opinion...do not walk but run to Dr. Caputo, he will do everything in his power to tell you the truth, guide you with your options, and move heaven and earth to help you survive with a quality of life. From the bottom of my heart, I am and always will be grateful to Dr. Cox's referral to Dr. Caputo.

He cares show details He cares
by Philly on Jul 25th, 2014

I can only say great things about Dr. caputo. I am his patient for more than 10 years. He saved my life , he even ( personally) called me to follow up on my health when i had to go to a different hospital due to my insurance policy. When the time came that i had a new insurance and i called to make an appointment, he wasn't accepting new patients at that time, but he made an exception when he found out it was me because he really cared. It is true he is not he type of Doctors that goes smiling at everybody, but .he is a profesionnal, and knows what he is talking about. Sooo...saying Doctor Caputo has no manners or he is dishonest is a lie. I've been seen more than 20 times by him and gone thru many surgeries under his care throughout these years and not even one time he's been disrespectful or cold hearted.

I trust him show details I trust him
by Susan on Nov 12th, 2013

I found Dr Caputo to be caring and conservative . He explained my situation , and the options. In my case , his advice was to follow my condition, rather than to choose surgery. I feel that I am receiving the best care from Dr . Caputo, and that is a very reassuring feeling.

Sep 17th, 2013

Very disappointed. He has a terrible bedside manner and seems to be slowing down. He is condescending and arrogant. While he is undoubtedly a skilled surgeon, he does not provide patient centered care.

The Best show details The Best
by Dianne G on Jul 3rd, 2013

Dr. Caputo saved my life. Besides being a superb doctor, he is a wonderful person. I have been operated on him for ovarian cancer and have seen him often the last 2 years. He has answered all questions and has given me all the time I needed.(which might be why you may have to wait at his office!) He is honest about treatments and his staff follows up with everything. I never second-guessed anything he told me and the best decision I every made was choosing him as my doctor. I am cancer free because of him.

Feb 2nd, 2013

Dr Caputo has a bad bedside manner and spent virtually no time telling me what the next steps were in terms of my medical care. If you ask questions about the necessity of intrusive procedures, he becomes very angry and short.

Set new level of expectation show details Set new level of expectation
Jul 21st, 2012

Doctor Caputo took his time to explain things to me that doctors have never told me in the past. After seeing him I feel like other doctors are almost abusive in their rough handling of exams. Getting little to no explanation as to what they are doing or why.Without my even asking he explained my condition and took care not to cause any pain or injury. I've had 5 other doctors not even mention it. I understand why he is so highly regarded.

What a Disappointment show details What a Disappointment
Feb 6th, 2012

I never knew that you had to submit your records for the doctor to "pick and choose" who he wants to see. I guess Dr. Caputo only takes patients who have cancer so he can use them as case studies perhaps? I am absolutely disgusted that I took the time to submit all of my medical records, then had to call a million times only to be told that Dr Caputa "said NO". You know what Dr Caputo? You may have lots of awards and accolades but a "caring and compassionate doctor who wants to PREVENT malignancies and cancer" you are NOT. You should be honest with people and tell them what you are really doing is cherry-picking patients for your own causes. Ms. Primak

He is special and unique show details He is special and unique
Oct 29th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Caputo's for nine years. He is a one of a kind physician. Not only will one not find a more competent doctor, a caring doctor and man, and one with the most expertise in his area. He is truly committed to his patients, is the most honest and respectful of any doctor that I have ever known.He is not the doctor that a patient would want to meet considering that he is a cancer specialist, but one that can be trusted with his medical expertise, and as a caring physician. He will never rush you when you have an appt. and will always answer and explain all of your questions. I would not be able to recommend a better doctor.

BEST DOCTOR I'VE EVER HAD show details BEST DOCTOR I'VE EVER HAD
May 25th, 2011

Dr. Caputo is amazing in that he is very thorough, caring, compassionate and looks at the patient as a whole. He is very esteemed and highly recommended and now I know why. He takes his time and not for one second did I feel rushed. I truly feel he cares and wants the best for me, which is hard for most doctors today to express in their rushed visits. Simply amazing. God forbid you need to see a reproductive oncologist go to him! He is the best of the best and I trust him with my life.

The Most Caring Doctor I've Ever Had show details The Most Caring Doctor I've Ever Had
Mar 27th, 2011

Dr. Caputo is the most competant, professional, caring doctor I have ever had. I had a very hard time finding a doctor that I trusted until I ran into Dr. Caputo. He is extremely thorough which not many doctors nowdays are and he truly cares for what is best for the patient. Aside from being thorough, I found him to be conservative and is the only doctor who recommended that I do not have surgery and instead 'wait and see' to minimize any long term impacts. Lastly, know that I am in his care makes me be a lot less stressful which really helps me with getting on with my life despite my diagnosis.

Nov 22nd, 2010

You would have to look long and hard to find someone as caring and competent as Dr. Caputo. He is thorough and when he has to be aggressive with treatment, resulting in long term success. How grateful am I that Dr. Caputo is my doctor.

One life to live - make it your best show details One life to live - make it your best
by okame on Aug 28th, 2010

Dr. Caputo performs hysterectomies. Many of them. The only reason a woman should have a hysterectomy is for a life threatening condition such as cancer. There are less invasive procedures for most problems for women. Quality of life declines dramatically when any female has a hysterectomy -- full or partial or any way it is performed. If the alternative is cancer and death, then there is no choice.

Jun 24th, 2010

Dr. Caputo is the most thorough gynecologist I have ever been to. Other Doctors at Cornell bow to him - he is considered the BEST there is out there in his field. I have been his patient for 9 years and I am a nurse at Cornell, so I have the inside scoop.

Easy Way Out (For Him) show details Easy Way Out (For Him)
Jun 14th, 2010

He is a surgeon who would rather cut if you will let him. Instead of doing the minimal amount to make you healthy and alay any fears, he rather get rid of any of your problems by hysterectomy, even if it is not necessary, especially if you have had your children and you are passed 40. Always get a second opinion.

a caring doctor show details a caring doctor
Mar 6th, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr Caputo for 3 years. He always takes the time to talk and never rushes the after examination meeting. While he seems aloof he is quite caring and very direct I am happy I am being treated by him

by ANONYMOUS on Dec 19th, 2008

I'M HIS PATIENT FOR MORE THAN 5 YEARS. VERY HAPPY.

dangerous, incompetent show details dangerous, incompetent
Sep 26th, 2008

very poor operative skills, clinical judgment not based on standard of care, hot headed, arrogant, womanizer, dishonest