Dr. Thomas Carlson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Carlson?

August 21st, 2017

Almost Had a Heart Attack

I was moved to this doctor when my long-time cardiologist retired. I went to him for a couple of years. At some point I began having dizziness, shortness of breath, and extreme exhaustion. I went to him several times and he did an EKG, halter monitor, etc. and said there was nothing wrong. I went back a 3rd time and told him I was not hardly able to walk up to his building without passing out. He acted like he did not believe me and then he got a phone call on his cell phone in the middle of my appointment. He cut me off and went and took the call. He came back in and was going to end our appointment without addressing my issue. He became short with me and I started to tear up because I was barely even able to breath and he had no empathy or idea what was wrong. I was dismissed yet again. My symptoms continued until I ended up in the ER and they found that I had severe anemia (hemoglobin level of 4) and had to have blood transfusions and other IV's. I was kept in the hospital for 2 days and my hemoglobin levels got up to 8 so I was allowed to go home. The ER doctors were shocked that my cardiologist did not do any blood work and they put me on iron and sent me to determine the cause of my anemia. I am still being monitored regularly for this but am doing much better. Needless to say, I changed cardiologists. I would not go back to Dr. Carlson and would advise others to steer clear as well. The ER doctor said I was lucky I did not have a heart attack.

February 27th, 2017

Dr. Carlson has been everything I could want in a doctor. He is very friendly and professional and truly seems to care about my wellbeing. He takes the time to explain all options and answer any questions I might have.

February 3rd, 2017

Simply the best

Many times he has visited me at early dawn in ECU

November 10th, 2016

Excellent Cardiologist

My husband and I have both seen Dr. Carlson recently. He took time to answer my many questions. I like the he is confident and direct. Thank you Dr. Carlson for your care!

November 7th, 2016

Caring and wonderful doctor!

Doctor Carlson has always showed great compassion for me as a patient. He is knowledgeable and always provides thorough explanations. I would highly recommend this wonderful cardiologist!

October 30th, 2016

Annual Office Visit

The Office Assistants made it easy to schedule my appointment. My checkin was prompt and without difficulty. The medical staff was prompt and efficient. My visit with Dr. Carlson was short in time but covered all of my issues and/or concerns. I would strongly recommend Dr. Carlson to a family member, friend or anyone else.

September 21st, 2016

I feel fortunate to have had Dr. Carlson my Cardiologist for 6 years since I suffered a cardiac arrest at home. He is engaging, he is concerned about the issues that are important in my lifestyle as well as those that impact my narrow physical well being. Discharge from two extended hospitalizations, I was (and continue to be) anxious to return to what as a 70+ year-old is a very aggressive cycling regimen. While other physicians encouraged me to act my age and back off, Dr. Carlson has encouraged me and given me direction. Additionally, I have absolute confidence in his clinical advice and direction after experiencing were not unanimous among those caring for me.

August 6th, 2016

A LIFE SAVER

Dr.Carlson is not only a competent and knowledgeable cardiologist , but is also a very caring man. He has been my doctor for nine years since saving me from a near fatal cardiac arrest. When a lung cancer was discovered while I was recovering, Dr.Carlson assisted me in arranging a quick surgery.

June 17th, 2016

DR CARLSON IS THE BEST!!

MY WIFE AND I BOTH HAVE DR THOMAS CARLSON FOR OUR CARDIOLOGIST AND ARE MORE THAN PLEASED WITH HIS SERVICES, HIS STAFFING AND KNOWLEDGE, EXPERTISE AS WELL!! HE IS THE BEST!!

May 27th, 2016

Great support throughout my illness. Always listens carefully to any of my concerns. I am very appreciative of all the help he has given me to aid my recovery. He really does go the extra mile.

May 19th, 2016

I trust Dr. Carlson !

January 29th, 2016

My husband and I can't say enough good things about Dr. Carlson. He is obviously knowledgeable and professional which we would expect. But what is different is that he genuinely enjoys spending time with his patients. He takes the time to answer any and all questions without making you feel like you are taking up too much of his time, though we know he is an extremely busy man in a changing medical environment. He offers his assistance with any follow up questions or concerns after we leave his office. His staff is also professional and responsive. We feel very fortunate to have him as our doctor.