Dr. Thomas Cartwright MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 31st, 2016
Dr. Cartwright is a Godsend for me!! I started seeing him a month ago and he made my wife and very much at ease. I had surgery and am feeling 100% better just deal with the incision! Thank You Dr. Cartwright!!

September 22nd, 2015
Not impressed and still have no answer.
Easy to make an appointment...long wait to see Doctor. Almost 3 hrs late. 5 minute visit and he has yet to call my doctor regarding report that was sent. Drive through burger takes longer than my appointment did.

December 26th, 2014
Jumped To Conclusions
I found Dr. Cartwright to be unprofessional, rushed and quick to assume the cause of my problem with very little examination. I have a 40 year history of back and abdominal muscle problems that he had no interest in hearing about, and wouldn't discuss or even acknowledge my questions . He spent less than 2 minutes with me before he told me I had a pinched nerve and would need surgery. After an MRI, he left a 30 second voice message with no detail other than my spine was abnormal, I probably don't need surgery, I might want a steroid shot and his nurse would know what to do. I still don't have the slightest idea what's abnormal, what the ramifications may be and how a steroid shot would change anything. A nurse later told me he only works on spines, and maybe he's okay if YOU already know that's your problem, but I want a doctor who doesn't work backwards from the solution he wants.

December 16th, 2014
I am very pleased with Dr. Cartwright, have seen him many times. He is so pleasant and friendly and will take time to discuss whatever I need to. For some unknown reason, the wait time has become very long (3 hours in lobby and then 1 hour in the exam room). I went to one of the other doctors there on a different date and had to wait about 2 1/2 hours in the lobby.

July 19th, 2012
Good Doctor, enjoy speaking with nurse

February 17th, 2012
Excellent Surgeon
Dr. Cartwright performed extensive lumbar surgery on me w/o fusing. Other surgeons thought this not possible. I highly recommend.

February 1st, 2011
Record Keeping
The staff at Red Oak was pleasant and professional. After my surgery, I had to locate the xrays, films, and files from other doctors for follow-ups with the other doctors on the case. The Red Oak office record department was expecllent and the xray department horrible, my presurgery films have not been found as of this writting.

November 12th, 2009
Satisfied Customer!
Very good surgeon with likable bedside manner. I did not feel rushed at my appointments. Only one appointment took over two hours, but it was at the Red Oaks location - I much prefer the Willowbrook location and staff. I would recommend this doctor.

January 27th, 2009
Be prepared to wait at least 2 hours!!!!
Terrible!!! My apt was at 2:45pm. I was finally seen at 5:00pm. My pain was 10 times worse than when I arrived there. He treated me like I was taking up his time. Not Helpful at all!!!! I would NEVER go back here again!!!