Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

|  Never again.  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2012

I was in the ER and Dr. Check talked to me once for about 3 minutes, didn't listen to me and also gave me a medication I'm allergic too. I do not and never will recommend this person.

|  INFANT EMERGENCY ROOM VISIT  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2009

I RECEIVED AWFUL CARE FORM DR CHECK. MY BABY HAD BEEN THROWING UP AND HAD EXPLOSIVE DIAREAH,I TOLD THIS DR THAT HE HAD NOT EATEN OR KEEPT ANY FLUIDS DOWN FOR THREE DAYS AND WAS LOOSING WEIGHT. HE SENT ME HOME AND SAID THAT IT WAS JUST A GASTRO INTESTINAL VIRUS. I WANTED TO HAVE HIM PUT ON AN IV HE LOOKED IN HIS EARS MOUTH AND LISTENED TO HIS HEART AND SAID GIVE HIM PEDIALITE..... DID HE NOT HEAR ME WHEN I SAID HE COULD NOT KEEP FLUIDS DOWN, APARENTLY NOT. HE WAS NOT IN THE ROOM MORE THAN 5 MIN, I TOLD HIM THAT HE WAS VERY LATHARGIC AND HE WAS JUST SITTING THERE STARRING AT THE WALL WHILE WE WERE THERE WHICH IS NOT LIKE HIM AT ALL, I TOLD HIM THIS AND THAT I AM NOT A MOTHER WHO RUNS TO DRS FOR ANYTHING EXCEPT EMERGENCIES AND THIS TO ME WAS ONE THIS TO ME WAS NO REGULAR FLU OR WHATEVER HE SAID. HE SAID BRING HIM BACK IF HE GETS WORSE. I SAID WHATS WORSE THAN THIS? HE SASID IF HE GETS MORE LATHARGIC, I SAID WHAT FOR LIKE A FULL DAY BECAUSE HE WAS ALMOST THERE, THE ONLY ENERGY HE HAD WAS AFTER I HAD TO GIVE HIM A BATH DUE TO THROWING UP EVERYTHING IN HIS LITTLE TUMMY. HE ALSO SAID IF HE DOESNT PEE FOR 12 HRS... THIS IS THE EXTENT MY SON HAS TO DETERIORATE TO BEFORE HE WILL HYDRATE HIM? THIS IS REDICULOUS. WELL MY SON WAS LITERALLY WITHIN A FEW HRS OF HITTING THAT 12 HR LIMIT HE SET WHICH IS NO WHERE CLOSE TO A HEALTHY CHILD.ANYWAY MY SON CONTINUED TO GET VERY VERY SICK HIS EYES WERE SUNKEN IN STILL NOT ABLE TO KEEP FLUIDS DOWN, HORRIBLE EXPLOSIVE PURE FLUID DIAREAH(WHEN HE HAS HAD NO FLUIDS KEPT DOWN FOR 5 DAYS) HOW CAN THAT BE OK? MY SON WAS WITHERING AWAY. I RECENTLY MOVED FROM OUT OF STATE TO ALASKA AND DIDNT HAVE A PEDIATRITION YET(MY KIDS ARE NEVER SICK)SO I DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO, I TOOK HIM BACK TO THE ER. I WAITED FOR HOURS TO BE SEEN BY LUCKILY A DIFFERENT DR WHO SAID LETS PUT HIM ON AN IV BECAUSE I SAID I WASNT LEAVING WITHOUT ONE. THE NURSE READ WHAT DR CHECK HAD PUT IN HIS REPORT FROM MY VISIT 2 DAYS EARLIER HE SAID THAT HE WAS KEEPING DOWN FLUIDS INTERMITINTLY THAT MEANS HE WAS NOT LISTENING AND WROTE COMPLETELY THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT I SAID I SAID HE HAD NO FLUIDS KEPT DOWN!! I WAS FURIOUS. IT TOOK 6 NURSES FROM ALL OVER THE HOSPITAL TO FINALLY GET AN IV IN AND HIS BLOOD WAS SLUGGISH AND WOULDNT EVEN COME OUT THEY SAID IT WAS FROM HOW DEHIDRATED HE WAS, THEY COULD TAKE BLOOD FROM HIM FOR 24 HRS AND HAD TO TAKE IT FROM IS FOOT BECAUSE THEY COULNT FIND A VEIN DE TO VEINS COLLAPSING, WHEN THEY TRIED TO FIND A VEIN TO PUT THE IV IN THEY USED 2 DIFFERENT SPECIAL LIGHT TOOLS THAT HELP THE VEINS SHOW UP, AND COULDNT SEE ANYTHING WITH EITER OF THEM AGAIN NOT BECAUSE HE WAS AN INFANT BUT BECAUSE HE WAS EXTREAMLY DEHIDRATED. MAT-SU REGIONAL ALSO A BAD EXPERIENCE IN ER ROOM, WHY TRY TO TAKE BLOOD WHEN THEY KNOW HE IS TOO DEHIDRATED TO GET ANYTHING IT DISGUSTES ME THAT MY SON HAD TO BE POKED WITH A NEEDLE OVER 14 TIME FOR THE WHOLE PROCESS BECAUSE THEY SAID THEY NEEDED IT TO RUN TESTS, I FINALLY PUT MY FOOT DOWN AND SAID NO MORE, AND THEY WERE FINE WITH THAT SO IT WASNT REALLY NECESSARY TO PUT HIM THROUGH ALL THAT IT WAS RIDICCULUS. DR. CHECK WAS A HORRIBLE DR DIDNT EVEN GIVE ME THE TIME OR LISTEN TO WHAT I HAD TO SAUY HIS REPORT SHOWED THAT, HE DIDNT CARE AND THATS SUPPOSED TO BE WHY DRS DO WHAT THEY DO BECAUSE THEY CARE APPARENTLY HE DID NOT. I FILED A COMPLANT WITH THE HOSPITAL AND THEY DIDNT FIND A PROBLEM WITH THE QUALITY OF CARE, HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? I WILL BE GOING TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND MEDICAL BORED TO TRY AND CHANGE THE WAY CHILDREN ARE CARED FOR IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM THEY NEED TO BE SEEN BY THE ONCALL PEDIATRITION, WHICH DR CHECK THOUGHT IT WAS NOT NECASSARY AND IT WAS NOTHING BUT ERRORS ON HIS PART. HIS RECOMMENDATION OF PEDIALITE WAS ANOTHER INDICATION THAT HE WAS NOT LISTENING I SAID HE COULD NOT KEEP ANY FLUIDS DOWN, THATS WHY I BROUGHT HIM IN AND HE RECOMMENDED THAT HOW DOES HE THINK THAT WILL HELP IF HE COULDNT KEEP ANYTHING DOWN. HE JUST DIDNT CARE TO LISTEN AND I ALMOST LOST MY SON.THANK GOD OR WHAT EVER YOU CHOOSE TO BELIEVE IN THAT HE IS OK. IT TOOK A MONTH FOR HIM TO RECOVER FULLY ALTHOUGH HE STILL HAS DARK CIRCLES. I WANT TO CHANGE THE PROCESS SO THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS TO SUFFER BECAUSE OF A BAD JUDGEMENT CALL ALL CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF AT LEAST 6 SHOULD BE SEEN BY THE PEDIATRITION IN THE ER, I THINK EVEN UP TO 12 BECAUSE THE ER DRS CAN EASILY LET SOMETHING SLIP THAT IS SERIOUS EXPECIALLY ON INFANTS. I HOPE MY STORY HELPS YOU IN SOME WAY, EVERYONE HAS BAD DAYS BUT WITH INFANTS THERE IS NO ROOM FOR ERRORS THATS WHAY HE SHOULD HAVE CALLED THE ER PED. I WISH I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT WAS AN OPTION I WOULD HAVE REQUESETED IT, EVERYWHERE WAS CLOSED IT WAS A SUNDAY SO THE ER WAS MY ONLY CHOICE. HE SHOULD HAVE CALLED THE ON CALL PEDIATRITION.