Thomas P Cliffel MD Patient Reviews

3.4

February 1st, 2015
This Dr. is a butcher. He performed cataract surgery on my father amd butchered his eye.

April 24th, 2014
Patient
Dr. Cliffel takes the time to explain and answer questions. I appreciate the the eye care he's provided to me.

March 22nd, 2012
Retired
My family had been seeing this dr. for quite some time with even me seeing him; however, he did such damage to my left eye with cataract surgery that left me with a detached retina. I had to go to the Cleveland Clinic for a surgical repair that was 2 hours long, which has left me with a vision deficit including a problem with depth perception. My daughter is trying to talk me into going to a lawyer. I did talk to my attorney already with him advising me that even though I signed a consent form that it would not hold up in court. This doctor is too old to be performing any type of surgical procedures, and I am living proof of it.

March 9th, 2012
Would not recommend
Office staff is very rude. If you call with a problem you will be treated very poorly. Watch you dont get over charged.

March 31st, 2011
No accomodations made for large families!
Absolutely devastated that Dr. Cliffel has been caring for my eyes for 30 years. Due to office policy changes he can no longer accomodate large familes, who actually have jobs and insurance! Really who doesn't want 7 patients with insurance and keep appointments??? His office manager is extrememly unprofessional and actually discriminates against large families. This is almost humerous since Dr. Cliffel has I think 7 of his own children so you would think he would be even more so accomodating to the struggles of a large family. And, O' ya he's not doing it for FREE!!!