Overall Review

3.1

October 14th, 2016
Would not take an aspirin from this "Doctor"
One of THE MOST HORRIBLE experiences EVER with a medical appointment!!!!!! I give him 0 out of 5!

September 8th, 2016
I had to have emergency surgery thinking it was my appendix ...it was a fist size tumor in my colon. His amazing skill as a surgeon saved my life. It was a complicated surgery but he removed a porttion of my colon and kept the cancer contained....I was in the hospital 11 days. Because of him I needed no chemo n no radiation. He is a lovee at heart but he is a very busy surgeon maybe making people misunderstand him. I love this man and I am very grateful he was in the hospital at the time I came in and became my Dr...I would Recommend him highly. ...he is extremely good at his profession......

January 7th, 2016
Amazing Surgeon
In the summer of 2014 my father had a gallbladder full of gangrene. Bottom line, Dr. Corbyons saved his life. Despite how diseased the gallbladder was, Dr. Corbyons was still able to remove it via laparascopy surgery. The Dr. stated he had to insert more drainage tubes than he had previously. My father stayed in the hospital 2 weeks and was then transferred to an inpatient rehab facility for another 2 weeks. My father was 83 at the time. Based on his experience and remarkable recovery, when it was determined I needed to have my gallbladder removed after years of on/off gallbladder attacks, I insisted the surgery be performed by Dr. Corbyons. I have health anxiety and this was my first ever surgery so I was, in a word, petrified. From the first phone call to the receptionist, then interacting with two nurses, and then Dr. Corbyons, the fear was eased by their caring manners. Dr. Corbyons' nurse even arranged an appointment with the anesthesiologist prior to the day of the surgery. I didn't have to use it since the pre-op nurse at the hospital was also very informative, friendly, funny, and answered all my questions thoroughly. Dr. Corbyons "bedside manner" is beyond excellent. He has a quick wit sprinkled with humor that I truly appreciated and further reduced my health anxiety. By the time I got to the actual surgery, I was actually calmer than my father who drove me to surgery! After care was exceptional. I returned to Dr. Corbyons one week post-op; he painlessly removed the one set of external stitches and I have felt great since! If I ever need another surgery, I am heading straight to Dr. Corbyons.

January 17th, 2014
This Doctor flat out lied to me
I went to this Dr. for a consultation on a couple of cysts on my back. My doctor wanted to send me for an MRI on them that was going to cost me $400. Dr. Corbyons told me he would remove them for less than that. I said "if you are telling me my total cost will be less than $400, then lets schedule it. And he said yes. When my bills totalled $1400 I was told the Dr was only talking about his fees not the Surgery Center, Anesthesia(sp) etc. But that is not what he said. The follow up visit was before Christmas and the office must have wanted to leave early because they changed my appt from 4:30 pm to 8:00 am and it was packed. The nurse removed my stitches and was concerned that one of the wounds hadn't closed. The doctor looked at it for 2 seconds and said it is fine "come see us if it gets infected". So two weeks after my procedure I still had a small hole and my wife was disinfecting and bandaging my back. I was told 1 day recovery.

May 13th, 2013
Truely a small person
Well , I was there today to have a surgery consult.The service was horrible,staff was rude. Although i was punctual, Doctor Corbyon must have not felt it was important for him to be . I waited an hour and a half, when finally seen the Dr. came in and performed his 2 second exam, and gave his recommendation. When he finished i asked him what some of the procedures he stated meant..Apparently this was unacceptable to the doctor ,he said " I am a very busy surgeon and do not have time for this" he then told me he would refund my visit and was not going to help me , all because i asked him what he was planning on doing to my body . He then asked me to leave his office. I would have filed a formal complaint with the state but to my dismay apparently there are no standards physicians must comply to when it comes to professionalism. It clearly states that on the Florida department of healths website. I hope you read this Dr. , you are a very small person and there must be nothing more horrible than having to live with that.. as for the other readers , do yourselves a favor and go somewhere else as you may spare yourself some humiliation. (and save yourself some time)

January 9th, 2011
Great Doc
I have numerous health conditions and have seen dozens of physicians over the past 10 years. Dr. Corbyons has been one of the best. Dr. Corbyons is extremely intelligent and experiences in his field and was able to easily assess my condition. After MRI's, there was no further assistance he could offer but he followed up with me. Wonderful doctor.

July 24th, 2010
He saved my Dana! I Love him!
Dr. Corbyons has the best heart felt interest in his patience's. His staff is wonderful! I cannot say enough how wonderful I and my family feel about having him on our side! Thank You Dr. Corbyons! you saved my daughters life!