Dr. Thomas Cosgriff MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.2

October 15th, 2015
Prepare to wait
Good Lord, you are going to wait a long time. We waited 2.5 hours. The doctor sent intake forms in advance. Even though we mailed them back, he still wanted us in 1/2 hour early. He then proceeded to make us wait an additional 2 hours. He is harboring the mistaken belief that only his time is valuable. Who runs a practice like this. Schedule your appointment first thing in the morning or bring a long book.

August 7th, 2013
Dr. Cosgriff And Staff
Well, I am going to go against the previous reviews and give my reasons for doing so. First, Bear in mind that his whole office staff has been replaced now that the office is under East Jefferson Hosp. control. Yes the wait times are mostly excessive but you must remember, this is a large clinic with many over bookings. Cancer and blood related disease is prolific in our area and there aren't many oncologists to spread the load. Dr. Cosgriff is a meticulous man and hence moves slower than what you may assume. This is not a bad trait as I do the same thing and we are both the same age. It comes with wisdom. I have been treated by Dr. Cosgriff for multiple myeolma for some time now and I am still ABOVE THE GRASS! This is my main concern when you are facing down a basically in-curable disease. So far I don't have any complaints of how he has handled my particular case. He is well credentialed and that's very important in this line of medicine. I trust his judgement calls and try to be 100% compliant. Overall, I now feel comfortable with him as his bedside manner has improved and matter of fact he's a quite funny guy once you get to know him better. Soon, his whole office and staff will be moving into the new EJ Cancer Center on the 3rd. floor of the Yenni Pavillion. This should be a vast improvement over the restricted space in the old outdated office. I have over 35 years experience as a senior technologist/ dept. manager in radiology so I understand better than the lay patient about the workings of medicine. The complications of which the average patient never sees. I am going to stick with Thomas Cosgriff. PS. I'm retired so wait times for me is a non-issue.

April 20th, 2013
Dr's REview
You usually wait about 2 to 3 hours in the waiting room, before being called to the back. After the nurse takes. your vitals and tells you to undress from the waist up, put on a paper gown and then wait for 1 and 1/2 hour before he comes in. Then he spent 3 minutes with me.While waiting for the DR.to come in I could hear him chit chatting with the staff.Try to find ;another DR.

May 10th, 2012
Hello, I still have TWO breasts!
As a 10-year breast cancer survivor, I had to switch oncologists when my original doctor left the area after Katrina. I thought this guy would be okay for my wellness followup care.In the 5 years that I've seen him, I've arrived at the Mammography suite three times to find his office never sent orders for me over--entailing frantic phone calls and much wasted time.The third occurrence took the cake. I telephoned his PA before scheduling my mammo. Asked them to check my files before ordering the mammo because I had a breast biopsy in 2010 (it's now 2012) and wasn't sure if I needed a diagnostic or a screening mammo. They irritably told me, yeah, yeah. Phoned next day to verify orders were sent.Arrived at mammography to discover they had ordered a UNITALATERAL MAMMO. If the PA had even glanced at my records, they would see I have both breasts. Left with no mammo because his office would not respond to phone calls.I phoned his office and explained the situation, thinking it was a service to inform him of the quality work his PA was doing. Office staff called me later that day, not the great man himself. His response: I should get my mammograms at a different facility because he didn't get a copy of the breast biopsy results in 2010! HELLO again--I've had two mammograms since then.I fired him.

January 11th, 2012
The office was dirty, messy, and cluttered. I had plenty of time to notice the dirt because I waited 2 1/2 hours to see the DR. He spent all of 5 minutes and was very unfamiliar with my history. The assistant gave me an order for labs with the wrong name on it and forgot important followup instructions. Makes me wonder what else was messed up!

September 29th, 2011
Dr. Cosgariff took over my doctor for a weekend, he was over bearing and rude. He changed my hospital room without telling my family.

June 30th, 2011
Dr Must be good, wait time EXCEEDS 60mins...
this rating form doesn't allow me to select anything MORE THAN an hour(60 min's) you can get scheduled for an appointment, no problem...But When We go to our appointments the wait has been 2 to 4 hours in the waiting room and another 1 to 2 hours in the exam room. PLAN on SPENDING a WHOLE DAY here, on your appointment day just WAITING to See the DR! One day the Dr called and asked to see us to go over test results-the Dr. was waiting for us and we didnt have to wait... took us into his office, took all of 5 min's to review test results- but we were billed for a FULL OFFICE Visit anyway! Office staff don't pay attention to insurance prefix codes on insurance card and you keep getting in the mail, insur. notices that state,that the office visit isn't paid for. YOU have to call the office and get things straightened out. You also ask for copies of tests to bring to you other Dr.s.... and its like pulling hounds teeth too get the copies! I once saw this Dr. ask one of his office staff to make copies of something- she was already on the phn, he came back 10 mins later and she was still on the phn. He came back again, another 10 mins later and told her to get off the phn and make him the copies.(She must have been on the phn to one of her people- I'd say a good 30 min's at least- total) she put the things he wanted copied in a file(the wrong one it looked like) and filed everything away-not one copy did she make. He was exasperated- you could see it on him, but he was nice to her, and all she could do was give him attitude! If you ask me... there are FAR BETTER ways of doing things in that office & the entire office staff needs to be replaced. You SHOULDN'T HAVE to take out an ENTIRE day "Just" to be seen by the Doctor! WAIT TIME for this Doctor... is "Just plain HORRIBLE". If you don't understand.... ASK QUESTIONS ! He seems to like it when you search on the net to "TRY" to understand what he's talking about, and then ask questions.. he will answer your questions. But YOU have to ask the questions.

November 10th, 2010
worst expierence in a doctors office I've ever had
Never have written on this before. Waited 3 hrs. Patient next me had been waiting for 4.0 hrs. Front desk said I must be a new patient b/c everyone knows its usually a 3-4 hr wait! Asked for him to call...denied...b/c I Had to leave to pick up my Daughter from school. I thought I was talking to someone at the DMV. Office has their own agenda and apparently it is not about patient care or listening. Looked him up before I went, all ratings were poor. Still went because I was refered. A poor rating is a huge understatement. Unexceptable, he should think about retirement. Everyone in the waiting room was looking at their watches stressed..... FYI they try to get your copay upfront I wonder why.....