Dr. Thomas Craven MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

January 26th, 2016
Dr Craven was the rudest, unprofessional Dr. He walked out on me twice, only coming back because I said his behavior was unacceptable and unprofessional in which he sneered and told me (the patient that was referred to him) that I was being unprofessional! Why? Because I questioned him about my CT results. Obviously a big crime to him, and he obviously did not care to help me. He then stepped out and asked one of his staff members to show me where the exit was! I was mortified! Take your health concerns to ANY other Dr but him. I reported him to my Dr/hospital that referred me to him.

September 21st, 2015
I don't think he like his job
He just show up and get paid, the nurse do all his work.Hate answering question,as soon you ask him something ,he just told you I'll be right back and then send the nurse in to answer your concerns,he just want to cut you up or give you a steroid injection, Hey dr craven,is there any other way to ease back pain?

April 29th, 2015
Fantastic experience especially considering the condition I was there for. 6 months recovery for spinal fusion was much faster than expected. Loved the entire staff and would easily recommend them to anyone.

April 3rd, 2015
Don't waste your time with this guy.
Wouldn't go to this guy again even if he was the only doctor in town. Doesn't want to take time to listen.

March 20th, 2015
Most unprofessional doctor we have ever seen. Spent less then three minutes with our case. Needs to be reprimanded by Central States. Hope he suffers more than his patients do.

March 18th, 2015
review on Docter Thomas Craven
I was diagnosed with a massive ruptured disc between L4 and L5. I could not walk more than a few steps and I could not stand for more than 2-3 minutes. This was a workers comp case. My W.C. adjuster made me an appointment with Dr. Thomas Craven in Tulsa Oklahoma. I read some reviews on the doctor, prior to going to the appointment, a few were bad and a few were great. My wife and I decided to find out for ourselves and went together to our first visit with Dr. Craven. When we arrived at Central States Orthopedics, it was like a well-oiled machine. As soon as we got checked in, our butts didn’t even have a chance to hit the chair before they called my name and took us to the exam room. We sat down, and a nurse popped in and did her job, and as soon as she left the room the doctor walked in with a smile on and was very nice, and explained in detail what he would to fix my problem. My wife and I decided that we liked him and felt confident in his ability to work on my back, so we scheduled the discectomy surgery. They provided me with meds for pain and scheduled the surgery. We were feeling good about our decision when we left Dr. Craven’s office. After a pre-operation visit at the doctor’s office to get fitted for a back brace and pick up meds, I went to the Oklahoma Surgery Hospital for a pre-operation check-in and that experience was amazing and so were the staff. They provided me with everything I would need and checked me thoroughly to ensure I was ready for surgery and I was. A week later I was in for surgery. Doctor Craven worked on my back and as soon as I was out of recovery, I knew it was fixed, my leg pain was gone! After a few hours, I was up on my feet and walking. The next morning I dressed myself and put on my own shoes and took the IV-pole with me down the hall to get coffee. I was ready to go home. 2 weeks after surgery I went back to work on light duty, 4 weeks after that I am back to work without restrictions and very happy with this entire process. I highly recommend Dr. Craven and his team. I couldn’t have asked for a better result.

March 16th, 2015
Dr Craven has a very cocky attitude and horrible personality. His bedside manners are horrible. He speaks terrible of other doctors and their diagnosing. I would never go to this "doctor" again.

February 19th, 2015
he made my back 100% better. I highly recommend him,

August 21st, 2014
Excellent surgeon!!
I would like to say that Dr. Craven gave my life back to me with the surgery he did. Nine years of pain and many doctors, surgeries, shots, physical therapy and emotional therapy due to the pain. The pain in my leg went from my hip to my toes. There were times I would have welcomed death if I had to continue life in that much pain!!! It has been over 10 weeks and I have not had that pain one single time!!! His bedside manner and the times I spent in his office were very professional and he explained everything very well. I would certainly recommend him to anyone. I know God worked through him so He gets the glory but Dr. Craven was the instrument God used. If I ever need surgery again, it will be done by Dr. Craven.

March 19th, 2014
Mrs.
Dr. Craven is a a skilled knowledgeable surgeon. If he can fix your problem he will. He is practical and thoughtful. His office is staffed well. His team is efficient and work well together.

February 24th, 2014
Patient
There is nothing I like about this Doctor. He has no bed side at all. Made up his mind about my case after looking at his on x- ray without my MRI. After checking my MRI he finds area of concern, but sends me to PT and if it didnt work, He would send me for the shot. PT didnt help made it worse, still waiting on shot. Still not sending me to get after surgery MRI and going on presurgery MRI and his x-ray. He has no way of knowing my prognosis. Now I have tingling in both legs and may end up with nerve damage due to his inaction! Felt like a hurded cow in his office shuffled in and out. Like he is tring to see how many cases he can see in a day. Spent less than 10 minutes with me in three visits. Don't feel that he even cared about what I had to say about my body. This is a work comp case and also feel that case worker and doctor are in on the case to spend the least amount possible. I'm thinking seriously about hiring a lawyer at this point

January 27th, 2014
Discectomy
In & out of hospital within 20 hours. Couldn't walk or sit without major leg pain before surgery. Was up and walking soon after surgery with no pain. Back to work in 10 days after surgery (lifting restrictions of course). Dr Craven did a great job and I highly recomend him.