Dr. Thomas Cupps MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 19th, 2016
Lupus and Arthritis
Very professional, kept my conditions under control. Dedicated enough time talking about my case, giving several options of treatment. The issue was that I had a constant pain on my legs, ankles and feet, but more on my right side leg, for more than a year, and I complained about it, he prescribed different medications to control the pain, but nothing seemed to work, (the painkillers were too strong and with many side effects) so I decided to switch to another rheumatologist and this new dr. when she saw my right foot and leg, she said: you have an occult fracture there, I'll order an MRI, and she was right, that pain was caused by an occult fracture on my tibia bone and this was due to taking "prednisone" for more than 11 years. Now I am with my Dr. #2, but I still highly recommend Dr. Thomas Cupps.

October 19th, 2012
Lucky to Call Him My Doctor!
Dr. Cups is a compassionate and caring doctor. Despite being the Chief of Rheumatology at Georgetown and a Leading Expert for Vasculitis, he still manages to return phone calls and spend as much time as needed during appointments. He has also gone above and beyond in my care and when other doctors may want to ignore my symptoms because they cannot diagnose me, he continues to try to solve the puzzle. He is not a chatty doctor, but that is not what I need in a doctor. Dr. Cupss is a knowledgeable and compassionate doctor who the more I get to know, the more impressed I am by his concern for his patients' well being.

February 16th, 2012
Worst doctor award
uncaring, mocking, explains nothing, non-responsive, unbelieving, incompetent in care per other doctors, would let you die in a ditch before even taking a breath

December 31st, 2011
Best Immunologist on the east coast!
dr Cupps has gone over and above the normal doctor in treating my rare vasculitis condition. As chief immunologist at GWU he is internationally recognized as the very best in his specialty. You will indeed be fortunate if he treats you.

August 19th, 2011
Excellent in everyway!
Dr. Cupps is highly professional and extremely knowledgable. He is patient centered and listens to all my concerns. He is very attentive and helpful. He is the best of the very best.

August 16th, 2011
Dr. Cupps is an excellent and caring doctor. He is attentive and makes recommendations to help me manage my illness. He goes way beyond what is necessary. He will even return telephone calls. I would recommend him without any reservations.

July 28th, 2011
HORRIBLE
He doesn't treat you, his fellow does. He doesn't explain your condition or test he's ordering Uses jargon you don't get.Spends less than 5 min. with you!

July 9th, 2015