A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas D'Amico:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas D'Amico is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas D'Amico, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Brain Death
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Gastrectomy (Stomach Removal)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Lung Transplantation
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. D'Amico graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 9 awards.
Dr. D'Amico has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Duke University Hospital
- Rex Healthcare Inc.
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. D'Amico accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina - 12 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Thomas A. D'Amico practice?
Dr. Thomas D'Amico practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Durham, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Danville, VA.
See Durham Surgeons.