Overall Review

April 17th, 2015
CHARGED $50.00 DOLLARS TO FILL OUT A SINGLE SHEET INSURANCE FORM
I have been a patient of Dr. Harper two different times. I always thought the world of him. After being a multi year patient who loved Dr. and his nurse and the women at the window I had to change insurance. The office manager who I have never met or seen refused to try and use my insurance so I had to hunt another Dr. After a number of years and two Dr.s' I really liked both of whom moved their practice out of town I again was looking for a Dr. As I was looking on the computer I happened to notice Dr. Harper was now taking my insurance. I immediately called to make an appointment. I noticed the women at the front desk and his nurse that I was so fond of were no longer with him. I went to him twice and everything was great except having to pay a fee to use my debit card something I have never done any where else. On my second visit I had a insurance form single page front and back with some questions that required a simple answer where only a single blank line was furnished for the answers. I asked could he fill out this form for me and with a smile as usual he took it and said he would handle it. A few days later my wife went by the office to pick up the form and was told that there was a $50.00 charge $50.00 I could not believe it. When my wife questioned the charge she was tod to talk to the office manager. According to my wife she was rude and even though my wife wasn't done talking to her she turned and walked off. I was scheduled to go back 6 months later for another round of blood work results so I kept my appointment. I let Dr. Harper know I would not be back because of the outrageous charge to fill out the form. I told him he never mentioned a charge much less $50.00 charge and he said I didn't ask if there was a charge and said he didn't work for free. I had never seen this side of him before and always thought the world of him but this was very unprofessional anyway you want to look at it. I was very disappointed in the whole situation but happy I found out his true side before wasteing anymore time with him. I understand it is his private business and he can do and charge any thing he wants but to charge such an outrageous price to fill out a simple form without mentioning the charge or not having a sign posted on the office window is unethical in my book. I have since found out his wife is the office manager and step son is the cashier and person who takes the money and works the front office. I asked for a copy of my blood work 3 different times since the last time I was there I had asked that my blood work results be sent to my nuerologist and cardiologist and they never recieved them. He left after he showed his rude side saying he was getting my copy of the report I waited about 15 minutes and figured he was going to make me wait just as long as he could so I just let my self out never to return. I have never been charged to have that form filled out by any other Dr. I always enjoyed being a patient of Dr. Harper but I don't know what has happened to him since I used him years ago but in my opinion he went down hill when he hired his office manager (wife) and it seems all his help that was so great before must have decided they couldn't work with the office manager and left for greener pastures. I am not one to complain and am fairly easy to get along with but when someone screws me over or rips me off that is something I don't take lying down. Most of his patients are elderly and I hope that they are not being ripped off by some of his office practices. It would be a shame to know that he was taking advantage of them as some places do to the elderly. All I can do is wish him and his family well and hope that they sleep good at night.

April 19th, 2013
Finally found a great GP
We're so glad we switched to Dr. Harper and made him our primary care physician. My husband found him first, and now I go there too. Gone are the days when we'd suffer waiting for hours at the stupid walk-in clinics in Rainbow City and SouthSide. No more! Now we just call Dr. Harper, and usually always get a same-day appointment. There's never a long wait, everyone is friendly, and Dr. Harper is absolutely wonderful. Very caring and professional. And if you call back in with a problem (as I did, when the antibiotic didn't agree with me), they actually took care of it by calling in a new prescription and called me back within an hour to let me know they had done so. Wonderful!