A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Owens:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Owens
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Owens Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Owens, MD is board certified in Forensic Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Owens graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans.
Dr. Owens has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University of North Carolina Hospitals at Chapel Hill
- Duke University Hospital
- Durham Regional Hospital Medical Staff Services
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas Dew Owens MD is a male Forensic Psychiatrist, has 26 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Forensic Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Thomas D. Owens practice?
- Dr. Thomas Owens has 1 office location.
Dr. Thomas Owens practices Psychiatry and Forensic Psychiatry near Durham, NC.
See Durham Psychiatrists.