Sports Medicine

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Fantastic result!  |  show details
Dec 31st, 2013

I saw other doctors, spent time on crutches because of the pain, had x-rays...no relief. Two short painless sessions with Dr. Peterson and I was pain-free!!!

Mar 5th, 2012

Not knowledgeable about prolotherapy, diagnosis or prognosis. Not recommended at all.

Oct 6th, 2011

He really takes the time to listen to his patients. He doesn't have that mentality of "in and out" like other physicians. He's patient and puts forth the effort to understand your injury and get to know you. His personable attitude makes you feel comfortable and I look forward to our rehab sessions. He deserves 10 stars really!

|  Excellent physician  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2011

Dr. Peterson is your standard nice guy and excellent with sports injuries. I've come to him with a couple different injuries from playing different sports. I'm a bit clumsy I guess you could say. He was great and helped me with rehab. I was back to normal within a month or two for both minor injuries. Excellent doc!

|  A doctor that knows what he's doing  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2011

When I hurt my knee last summer, I knew I was in trouble. Since I play college ball I knew I had to get back in shape fast. So my coach recommended I see a specialist and my mom was able to find Dr. Peterson. He was nice, professional, and extremely helpful. He showed me some different stretches and strengthening exercises that really helped me out. My knee was able to heal correctly and I got the green light to start playing again. Thanks a lot Dr. Peterson!

|  Brought my ankle back to normal  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2011

I had a kink in my ankle after injuring it while playing basketball and then re-injuring it again after going hiking. I came to Dr. Peterson after another doctor referred me. Dr. Peterson has helped my ankle return to normal and I'm able to play sports again and continue with vigorous outdoor activities. He's personable and kept in touch with me all the time to make sure I was doing what's necessary to heal properly.

|  Wonderful doctor!  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2011

After a soccer injury, I came to Dr. Peterson to get me back in shape and back in the game. He's a wonderful doctor! He's friendly and professional. He shows that he genuinely cares about his patients and is eager to help you get in better shape than before an injury.

Aug 26th, 2011

I had suffered from osteoarthritis in my hand/wrist for many years with no relief of pain until I saw Dr. Peterson. His prolotherapy treatment brought me immediate, and long term, freedom from the pain I had experienced for years. I would highly recommend Dr. Peterson to anyone dealing with joint pain of any kind.

|  Non-Surgical Treatment  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2011

My PCP referred me to the big orthopedic clinic here in Eugene. He recommended surgery for my elbow problem. A friend recommended Dr Peterson. H treated my elbow with PRP and within a few weeks, the pain is gone.

|  He's treated my family numverous times over the years...  |  show details
May 19th, 2011

Myself, Mom, and my daughter have been helped greatly, and treated numerous times by him over the years...each time he correctly diagnosed the problem, and helped us avoid surgery. In addition, took great concern for our wellbeing, healing, and referred us to other specialists when needed. And each time it turned out his diagnosis was correct. He didn't hesitate to do what it took to get the best care and healing possible. I have a rare chronic nerve disease, and was in a hit&run auto accident. His office lady is also a real professional, and dealt with the auto insurance company when they were harrasing me about my recovery. Dr. Peterson was the first specialist I'd seen in 2 years of agonizing pain that took action, and included other specialists. He was caring, and listened. He helped me to avoid surgery, and releived my chronic condition to where I have had some of my life back. He also did acupuncture, sent me to the best NUCCA Practitioner Chiropractor, Pain Specialists, Physical Therapy, Massage, MRI & X-rays tests, and Pain Management Psychologist. Each Dr. he sent me to was the best in their field, and gave the best care possible. I know, I have been to more than one of each of these types of dr before, for my disease. Mom had the prolotherapy after an auto accident years ago, and never had a recurrance of symptoms. My daughter was treated for a back injury when only 6 yrs. old, and I was amazed at the quality of the care he provided then, and again later when she was in college with an ankle injury. He truly helped to extend my life, and has been a great help to other members of my family.

|  Awful  |  show details
May 10th, 2011

Just a miserable human being.

|  Excellent Doctor - No Brainer  |  show details
by JK on Feb 15th, 2011

I go in, I'm seen in minutes, listened to, treated, educated and I leave feeling better and knowing more. I avoided surgery, and experienced healed injuries that went for years unhealed before I came here. Saved me money and healing time. I used to take way too much pain medication, but no more. I get relief from chronic issues too.

|  excellent doctor  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2010

Dr Thomas Peterson is a very good diagnostician and he specializes in non-surgical treatments.

|  Christine Thies  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2010

Dr. Peterson was there for me when other failed. Other docs insisted on surgery, but he truly fixes my hip problem so that I can run and bike again--and I am 58 years old! He was kind, caring and listened to what I said.

|  No More Need for Chiropractor  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2010

For 10 years I have been going to the chiropractor for temporary relief of back pain. Dr Peterson diagnosed it as a ligament problem and treated it with prolotherapy. The pain is gone and I don't need the chiropractor anymore.

|  Non-Surgical Orthopedic Specialist  |  show details
Jul 15th, 2010

We are so lucky here in Eugene that we have an orthopedic doctor who specializes in non-surgical treatments.

|  My Ankle is Healed  |  show details
by tennis_nut on Jul 11th, 2010

I had been dealing with a weak ankle for 5 years. I had a bad ankle sprain that never healed right.Physical therapy and a brace were only slightly helpful. An orthopedic surgeon recommended surgery. A friend suggested Dr Thomas Peterson. He showed me the ligament damage on ultrasound. Now, after prolotherapy, I can dance and play tennis without a brace. The pain and instability in my ankle has resolved.

|  Occupational Therapist  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2010

Dr Peterson correctly identified and treated my injury. I had been in chronic pain having difficulty carrying out basic daily tasks for almost two years PRIOR to seeing Dr. Peterson. The physician and physical therapists I saw missed essential, key elements of my injury. My sessions with Dr. Peterson were always very mindful, thoughtful and caring. He knew what areas and in what order treatments were needed to progress my complex soft tissue injury into a state of balance and healing. My treatments consisted of prolotherapy, protein rich plasma injections, accupuncture and soft tissue releases; with each treatment delivered at the right time and in the right places. I have my life back! Thank you Dr. Peterson. To not have pain anymore and be able to function in my daily life is due to his skill, talent, knowledge, and his genuine caring!

|  PRP for rotator cuff damage  |  show details
by kayakpaddler on Jul 2nd, 2010

I saw a surgeon who said I had rotator cuff damage. He said surgery would have only a 50% chance of success. I then consulte Dr Thomas Peterson. He showed me the damage on ultrasound in his office. He treated it with PRP and now after some therapy, I can paddle my kayak again.

|  Best orthopeic doctor in Eugene  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2010

I wouldn't go to anyone else in Eugene for an orthopedic problem. Thomas Peterson is the best.

|  I hope he never retires  |  show details
by billy_s on Jul 1st, 2010

I have now for 25 years counted on Dr Thomas Peterson to take care of my orthopedic problems. I don't know what I would do if he wasn't available. I hope he never retires.

|  excellent doctor  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2010

I have seen Dr Peterson for several different problems. He is excellent

|  I can hike again  |  show details
by happy hiker on Jun 27th, 2010

Before I consulted Dr Peterson I could not climb one flight of stairs without pain. Now I can hike 5 miles in the hills.

|  Awful Experience  |  show details
by Poor Review on Jun 19th, 2010

I would not recommend going to this doctor.

Doctor's Response

This comment was not made by a patient of Dr Peterson's. It was written by someone from Chicago trying to slander and harass the doctor for what his son did 4 years ago.

|  Awful Experience  |  show details
by Marty on Jun 19th, 2010

I am stunned that this person is allowed to practice and act as a physician. I could not have had a more miserable experience. The enviroment is unprofessional and the doctor is an arrogant man.

Doctor's Response

Again, this is not a patient of Dr Peterson's. If Vitals.com would limit these ratings and allow them to be done only by people from Oregon, you would not be subject to this trash.

|  stop the slander and abuse  |  show details
by stop the slander and abuse on Jun 18th, 2010

The negative comments and ratings that have been put here were not done by patients of Dr. Peterson. They were done by people from Chicago who are trying to punish Dr Peterson for what his son did 4 years ago.Shame on you, vitals.com for allowing this to become a forum for slander and abuse

by Christabelle on May 24th, 2010

Dr. Peterson and his staff were cuourteous and helpful. I really felt like I was listened to and treated well. I've been in pain for years and after a few treatments I'm doing so much better! Being in pain was making me miserable and cranky. I feel happy and light again. From scheduling to follow up, I've been treated with caring and respect. Thanks, Dr. Tom!

|  Horrible Experience  |  show details
by Amy on May 16th, 2010

This was the worst experience that I have ever had. This is one of the strangest people that I have ever met and he just creeped me out.

Doctor's Response

Again this was not written by a patient of Dr. Peterson's.

|  Very good doctor  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2010

Dr. Peterson is a very good and caring doctor. I have seen him 2 times and found him very friendly and competent. He's the first doctor I have been to who actually listens. His treatment of my knee has been a tremendous benefit and I plan on seeing him in the future. I have also recommended him to friends.

|  Horrible Experience  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2010

This was the worst experience I have ever had. I am not sure how he is allowed to practice. Miserable human and doctor.

|  Horrible Doctor Experience  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2010

Dr. Peterson is the worst doctor I have ever encountered. His office is very unprofessional. He is very smug and a know it all. A very condescending individual. I would avoid going to him and not recommend anybody to visit this person.

Doctor's Response

Again, this was not written by a patient of Dr Peterson's

|  Rating the Doctor, not his son  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2009

Someone is going to every rating site and leaving nasty comments about the doctor's son. I don't believe they've ever seen the man. Dr. Peterson is courteous, kind, caring, and an excellent diagnostician. My family has had noting but good experience with his treatment over the past 4 years.