Dr. F Thomas Kaplan Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. F Thomas Kaplan?

My visit with the Dr.

Posted on December 21st, 2016

I thought he rushed me through and was not very informative, I left feeling I did not get the info needed and wasn't clear on my paperwork. It stated I had some restrictions, I went back to ask for some more information and he said it's up to your work, well I lift 30-35 lb samples , I stressed and he said NO proble, well when I lift I have terrible pain. I was rushed thru and ignored, with almost a shrug. I hope it heals, I have 5 more weeks til I see the therapist, not him I felt very uncomfortable and now I don't feel like I am received with respect. I may get a second opinion if it doesn't heal like I feel it's not, but don't feel like I can go back to question it.Really disappointed. Will never go back if I have another injury.

Posted on June 1st, 2015

When I spoke with Dr. Kaplan - he was very thorough and I appreciated it. However, the practice is set up on such a tight time line - that when I've met with PA or some of the others - I felt very rushed and somewhat like a number. Especially on surgery day. They are trying to see a lot of patients and I appreciate that, but it's my future use of my hand that I need my questions answered to.

Very Good surgeon, very poor people skills

Posted on May 31st, 2012

O'well attitude

Posted on February 5th, 2009

Had infection in one of the pins (broken wrist ) in my wrist,pulled pin and put on meds for infection . Called several times said infection was back ended up with Staff , a week in the hospital and several weeks with no income because of self medication to be done at home and could not work .Confronted Dr Kaplan and I quess as long as he got paid, O'well on me !

Doctor's Response

I am sorry that you had a complication, and I do care about my patients and their outcome. Unfortunately pin track infections can occur, and post-operative pin care is very important. Once an infection is present, we need to be aggressive to get it treated before larger problems occur, and this may require intravenous antibiotics. I try to always deliver the best care I can, including when complications arise, to achieve the best outcome possible.

Posted on June 7th, 2017