Dr. F Thomas Kaplan MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Indianapolis, IN

December 21st, 2016
My visit with the Dr.
I thought he rushed me through and was not very informative, I left feeling I did not get the info needed and wasn't clear on my paperwork. It stated I had some restrictions, I went back to ask for some more information and he said it's up to your work, well I lift 30-35 lb samples , I stressed and he said NO proble, well when I lift I have terrible pain. I was rushed thru and ignored, with almost a shrug. I hope it heals, I have 5 more weeks til I see the therapist, not him I felt very uncomfortable and now I don't feel like I am received with respect. I may get a second opinion if it doesn't heal like I feel it's not, but don't feel like I can go back to question it.Really disappointed. Will never go back if I have another injury.

June 1st, 2015
When I spoke with Dr. Kaplan - he was very thorough and I appreciated it. However, the practice is set up on such a tight time line - that when I've met with PA or some of the others - I felt very rushed and somewhat like a number. Especially on surgery day. They are trying to see a lot of patients and I appreciate that, but it's my future use of my hand that I need my questions answered to.

February 5th, 2009
O'well attitude
Had infection in one of the pins (broken wrist ) in my wrist,pulled pin and put on meds for infection . Called several times said infection was back ended up with Staff , a week in the hospital and several weeks with no income because of self medication to be done at home and could not work .Confronted Dr Kaplan and I quess as long as he got paid, O'well on me !
Doctor's Response

I am sorry that you had a complication, and I do care about my patients and their outcome. Unfortunately pin track infections can occur, and post-operative pin care is very important. Once an infection is present, we need to be aggressive to get it treated before larger problems occur, and this may require intravenous antibiotics. I try to always deliver the best care I can, including when complications arise, to achieve the best outcome possible.