Dr. Thomas Desperito MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8
  • 17 reviews

September 30th, 2016
Nightmare wirh Dr. Desperito
Following a medical procedure performed by this man who claims to be a capable doctor I got a terrible infection. His lack of concern for my symptoms and total disregard for me as a patient was deplorable. I was hospitalized by another doctor , thank God. I was so deathly sick and not once did he follow up with me. I was just dismissed as if I didn't matter. Please, STAY AWAY FROM HIM

September 28th, 2016
Mrs.
My adult daughter went to Brandywine Urology due to a mass. She saw the nurse practitioner, as was treated so very nicely by all the office staff. On the day of her surgery at Delaware Outpatient Center for Surgery, we met Dr. Desperito for the first time. He really took his time with us answering questions and letting us know what to expect. The surgery went smoothly, the staff was wonderful, and he took the time to come out and speak me and her father about the findings. Recovery has been smooth for her and we are so thankful she had such a good experience. I would recommend him highly.

July 12th, 2016
Prompt and Efficient
Was coming every year for follow up, unfortunately it has been over a year since I seen him.

March 3rd, 2016
Very Good Doctor!
Dr. Desperito cares and has been the best out of the handful of urologists I've seen. During scopes and treatments he takes his time and it is not as painful as when I've had the same procedures done by others. He is genuinely happy when all is clear and equally disappointed when all is not...it is evident on his face. Would recommend him to my family and friends.

March 14th, 2015
$240.00 for a 3 minute visit
I believe doctors send you to specialists so they can share in billing insurance. I was told by my PCP to see Dr. Desperito for a follow up to my urinalysis test. Met with Dr. Desperito for less than 3 minutes, said everything OK, come back in May. He did not even examine me, only read the same report my PCP read and said I was OK. Suffice it to say, I do not recommend Brandywine Urology. This is a rip-off!

March 12th, 2015
I like him. He's also a Veteran. US Army

October 10th, 2013
Dr. Desperito is a beast, the best doctor I have seen. Not only does he care, he gives you the utmost respect and treats you extremely well. Two thumbs up!!!!!

May 8th, 2013
Great experience
Dr, Desperito recently did a vasectomy on me. I was very reluctant to have the procedure based on what I'd read on the internet. He put my mind at ease and reminded me that the preponderance of internet posts about any procedure are from people that had complications. The procedure took less than 30 minutes and involved no incisions. I was shocked to learn that it's all done through a puncture that doesn't need stitches. I'm one week out from the procedure now and have had 0 complications and very little pain. I'm feeling good enough now to get back to my normal routines - workout and otherwise! Dr. Desperito is a great doctor with a very calming way about him. I would recommend him without reservation.

April 18th, 2013
read on
I wish I would have read the reviews before going here. They didn't inform me of the need for testing prior to my first visit and required me to make another visit. Another hour of my time, a deductable and bill to my insurance. They made a mistake on the prescription and then wanted me to come in again because they needed another hour of my time, copay and bill to my insurance company. I found a new urologist.

March 22nd, 2013
Great Care
This Dr was great. He was patient and answered my questions. His staff was amazing as well. I had some issues with the medication he gave me and Viven was great to help me fix it and even called and talked to the pharmacy for me. The little girl at the front desk was kind of rude. I asked her her name on the way out and she ignored me talking to the other lady. She has longer hair and curls. I was going to call and complain but Viven was so nice when she took me back and made me feel comfortable with my embarrassing issue that it really made up for it. I would recommend anyone to go to this Dr. Its hard to find a good dr with supportive staff.

September 24th, 2012
Dr Desperito is a good doctor. Since he has joined with Brandywine Urology it has been a nightmare. The staff volume is higher and no one knows what is going on. I was scheduled for surgery and it was cancelled due to an error on their end.

September 11th, 2012
Uro Tests
After not having met him before, he did a test on me and then didn't review it after I was dressed. Sent me for more tests, then at next appointment didn't give me a diagnosis. At Brandywine Uro, it's hard to get any momentum to resolve tricky problems, when the doctors are there only 1 day a week at most.