Urologists
2600 Glasgow Ave
Ste 222
Newark, DE 19702
227-820-3900
Locations and availability (5)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Oct 10th, 2013

Dr. Desperito is a beast, the best doctor I have seen. Not only does he care, he gives you the utmost respect and treats you extremely well. Two thumbs up!!!!!

|  Great experience  |  show details
by Michael S on May 8th, 2013

Dr, Desperito recently did a vasectomy on me. I was very reluctant to have the procedure based on what I'd read on the internet. He put my mind at ease and reminded me that the preponderance of internet posts about any procedure are from people that had complications. The procedure took less than 30 minutes and involved no incisions. I was shocked to learn that it's all done through a puncture that doesn't need stitches. I'm one week out from the procedure now and have had 0 complications and very little pain. I'm feeling good enough now to get back to my normal routines - workout and otherwise! Dr. Desperito is a great doctor with a very calming way about him. I would recommend him without reservation.

|  read on  |  show details
by sad patient on Apr 18th, 2013

I wish I would have read the reviews before going here. They didn't inform me of the need for testing prior to my first visit and required me to make another visit. Another hour of my time, a deductable and bill to my insurance. They made a mistake on the prescription and then wanted me to come in again because they needed another hour of my time, copay and bill to my insurance company. I found a new urologist.

|  Great Care  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2013

This Dr was great. He was patient and answered my questions. His staff was amazing as well. I had some issues with the medication he gave me and Viven was great to help me fix it and even called and talked to the pharmacy for me. The little girl at the front desk was kind of rude. I asked her her name on the way out and she ignored me talking to the other lady. She has longer hair and curls. I was going to call and complain but Viven was so nice when she took me back and made me feel comfortable with my embarrassing issue that it really made up for it. I would recommend anyone to go to this Dr. Its hard to find a good dr with supportive staff.

Sep 24th, 2012

Dr Desperito is a good doctor. Since he has joined with Brandywine Urology it has been a nightmare. The staff volume is higher and no one knows what is going on. I was scheduled for surgery and it was cancelled due to an error on their end.

|  Uro Tests  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2012

After not having met him before, he did a test on me and then didn't review it after I was dressed. Sent me for more tests, then at next appointment didn't give me a diagnosis. At Brandywine Uro, it's hard to get any momentum to resolve tricky problems, when the doctors are there only 1 day a week at most.

|  VERY UNPROFESSIONAL  |  show details
Apr 20th, 2012

DID NOT LIKE THIS DOCTOR. HE SEEMED DISINTERESTED IN HELPING ME. WASTE OF MY TIME AND MONEY.NO WONDER HEALTH CARE IS THRU THE ROOF WITH PEOPLE LIKE THIS..

|  Nightmare visit-Never again !!!  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2012

Saw this man for a bladder problem. He was rude, unhelpful and rushed me out before even concluding what may be my problem. It was a total waste of time and he regardless billed my insurance as well as my copay. Nightmare visit.

|  Nightmare Doctor  |  show details
Mar 13th, 2012

Stay away from this guy! He misdiagnosed me and caused me a lot of pain financially and emotionally. He is egotistical and his treatment of patients is horrible.

Apr 13th, 2010

Dr. Desperito did not explain the risks of the procedure he was recommending, just told me to read his website. The website listed no risk so I thought it was OK. After having the procedure in which the care of horrible, I was told by a friend of some potential complication. I did some research and was astonished at what I found. When I call his office and left a message that I had "post-operative issues" that I needed to discuss, he never returned my call. After 4 weeks of trying to speak with him, I threatend to speak with an attorney and he finally spoke to me, but refused to answer my questions. My primary care physician (refering physician) was outraged and will no longer refer to Dr. Desperito. I have also made a formal complaint to the state licensing board about his ethics. I think he should never be allowed to treat another patient.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
by Elkton, MD on Sep 8th, 2008

Dr. Desperito was very helpful and always took the time to listen and answer my questions.