Dr. Thomas Drost MD Patient Reviews

3.6

August 24th, 2016
Go somewhere else.
I am RN for 40 years and between my husband with chronic issues and myself, we've seen over 30 MDs in our lifetime. I have never experienced where the doctor literally would not listen or let me talk. Interrupted with scolding constantly. People go to a doctor for help: it is none of his business that I did not return sooner because my husband is dying. If I wanted to be treated with this much disrespect, I'd go to my work place. Really--go somewhere else. In Chicagoland there are many other options with people who will treat you professionally.

June 29th, 2016
Not quite as promised
What was promised to be cleared up was only partially cleared up. I now have discomfort that I didn't previously have. I am rather disappointed in the outcome.

November 27th, 2015
Very good experience, immediately diagnosed my anal fissure that multiple doctors and other professionals misdiagnosed as hemerhoids. His attitude is a little different, but I am so happy he cured. I would characterize him as unconventional, but I was very happy with the results.

June 4th, 2015
Referrers to patients as "business"
The lady that answers the phone and runs his office business is very nice, that is the only good thing I have to say. If you go in to see this doctor about hemorrhoids and he is able to help you be prepared for him to tell you that you are too swollen for him to treat today, so you will need to come back after your problem has calmed down. If he can not help you he will refer your "business" else where. In all of my years of seeing doctors I have never been referred to as "business", previous doctors have always referred to the PEOPLE they see as patients. This doctor referred to me as business. The few minutes he spent with me was enough to ruin the rest of my week, he lacks compassion, bed side manner, and made me feel like an idiot. His advice also had contradictions in it. I asked for a referral and was suggested to go to Rush in Chicago (this is very far), then I was told to ask my PCP and to stay close to home? To me this doctor seems to give a rehearsed speech, he became irritated when I tried to talk or ask any questions before he was done with his presentation. Guess I am just suppose to be silent, accept what is told to me, and have no questions or concerns about my health.

June 26th, 2014
This man helped me
I went in for a very deep painful fissure he diagnosed me and provided me with a remedy to cure it. Notning worked until I saw him and finally the bleeding stopped and the pain stopped. Then I recently went in for a pile and now found out a cyst that has been sitting on the outside of my rectum and he cut that for me. He really explains everything he's going to do and asks if you have any questions. Maybe he's not overly happy but he's nice so I'm not sure what bad experinces people had with him. I think he's thorough gives good directions and tells you up front the pain you'll endure from everything he has to do. I'm a girl also and even though this was so incredibly awkward I thought he was very professional. If you want your pain gone go see dr.drost

March 15th, 2014
Unprofessional
I really don't write reviews but this man has no compassion for patients. His Ethics are questionable. When you ask questions he gets inpatient and has no bed side manners. I will never recommend this doctor to anybody.

March 11th, 2013
Out of pain thank goodness!
Just wanted to say I'm outta pain now. Had bad hemrroids and this doctor fixed me fast. I had to miss some work to get it takencare of but it was worth it. Insurance covers too

March 1st, 2013
Recommend
A nice guy who knows a lot about overall health and nutrition. Spent a great deal of time with me and made me very comfortable in an uncomfortable situation. Definitely would recommend.

February 12th, 2013
I am so relieved!
At a time i needed relief from hemorrhoid pain this clinic was here for me. I got in to see the doctor quickly and he relieved my pain. OMG the pain is GONE, thats all i care about. Nice people.

November 20th, 2012
Pain Free, Finally!
Thank you Dr Drost, finally my hemorrhoid pain is gone and it was so easy! So many years of suffering were gone so quickly. What a great experience.

September 10th, 2012
Dr. Drost had fabulous bedside manner, was very courteous, and spent a lot of time explaining the procedure to me. Immediately after the procedure, I was able to go back to work, and felt great! Thank you Dr. Drost!

June 14th, 2012
New Info on Men's Health
I haven't had this thorough of an explanation regarding my health and what the appropriate plan to regain health would be in my entire 60 years. I went from my PCP to a heart specialist who only wanted to put me on Lipitor for life and have me check in every few months to get my meds. Dr. Drost explained so much to me about my heart, men's hormones, and gave me hope for the future. I've lost weight, have more energy, and this is just the beginning! I'm telling all my male friends and coworkers to make time for an appoint, with Dr. drost