by Carol Flach on Feb 19th, 2016

Instills confidence and trust readily. Skill is apparent. Bedside manner comforting and highly informative. Staff in office highly attentive. Easy interaction.

by D. Pack on Oct 7th, 2015

Went back for a three month check up after knee revision. The office was very busy that day, but they were working hard to see everyone. Many of us came from 100-300 miles because Dr. Tom Brown is the best guy for knee surgery. I can really tell the difference between Dr. Browns knee revision on my left knee and the right knee with the knee replacement I got in Newport News in 2008. Dr. Brown will revise my right knee later this year. He and his team are the best!

by Carol on Aug 14th, 2015

Feel so confident and comfortable here as we approach my sister's surgery.

by Karen E. on Mar 26th, 2014

Great doctor! Would recommend to family and friends.

Needs a bit more bedside manner show details Needs a bit more bedside manner
Apr 15th, 2012

Dr. Brown has done both a THR and TKR on me, the hip in 2004 and the knee just this year. His knowledge in diagnosing is excellent, followup excellent, but I feel he's quite abrupt, not rude mind you, just abrupt and doesn't normally spend more than a few minutes with patients. I know the reality is he's a busy doctor, and I suppose if I had to pick between good bedside manner or knowledge & diagnosing, I'd truly pick the latter, but it really would be nice to have both!Overall, however, I'm content with the surgeries he's done on me.

Dr Brown gave me back my life show details Dr Brown gave me back my life
Aug 16th, 2011

After several years of discomfort and countless visits to physicians to be told due to my age I was not a candidate for TKR, at my insistance I was referred to Dr Brown. What a change in my life. I had previously had 2 successful reconstructions including grafting of ACL and PCL but due to time and activity my knee deterioration was excessive and beyond repair. And although I was not the typical age of a candidate for TKR, Dr Brown treated me with respect and as an individual and successfuly replaced my knee. I have returned to activities I had not been able to do for over 2 years and often surprize myself when I accomplish activities I never thought I would even attempt again. Dr Brown cared enough to use his talents and skills to see me as a person and provide me the medical care I needed. I am so fortunate in having Dr Brown as my physician.

Great Doctor! show details Great Doctor!
Feb 8th, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Brown by another orthopedic surgeon because I didn't seem to be improving after I had total knee replacement last February. My first visit with him was in November. I thought that he was very thorough, extremely nice, and spent quite a bit of time with me. He ordered an unloader brace for my knee to see if that would help. I returned for my follow-up visit last week. Again, he was very thorough, kind, and spent close to an hour with me. He explained exactly what the problem is, the surgery that will need to be done to correct it, answered my questions, encouraged me to get more opinions, and was just terrific! I think the world of Dr. Brown and have already referred several of my friends to him. I'm sure he will do a great job with my surgery.

WASN'T OLD ENOUGH show details WASN'T OLD ENOUGH
Dec 29th, 2010

I feel because I was not over the age of 50, he didn't feel my situation was worth looking at! I'm a 49 year old women who has bone on bone in both knees. He told me to get a book and read or ride a bike, that my activities of walking, playing tennis (doubles) and water-skiing were out of the question. My expectations were way to high, maybe so, but walking without pain would be something!!!! He burst into the room and said that I was way to young to be here and that my knees were shot, no kidding that's why i'm here....... So I'm not a big fan of Dr. Brown,