Dr. Thomas Clancy Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Clancy?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 18th, 2016

Empathic and Professional

I came in with a frightening diagnosis; Dr. Clancy spelled out the possibilities clearly and worked with his staff to get me in for the appropriate follow up diagnostics quickly. I have been treated with dignity and respect and have faith in his decisions as to the treatment plan he has laid out.

May 9th, 2016

Dr. Clancy truly saved my husband's life. His conservative approach to my husband's colon cancer has made his quality of life wonderful. Dr. Clancy took his time, had assistance from a Urology attending, and knew the best approach for a good outcome. I don't believe most surgeons would approach a difficult case with such patience and professionalism.

December 24th, 2015

Nice

Nice

November 29th, 2013

Best in his field

My wife was admitted to Brigham and women's with complications from a surgery that took place at another hospital. After several days and many confused doctors, dr Clancy was called for a consult. He took over and took charge. Our level of care changed. He stopped by my wife's room every morning at 6 and called her at night before she went to sleep. He brought her comfort and confidence. We ultimately needed a very difficult and lengthy surgery. Dr Clancy performed the surgery. I cannot think of another doc in the world I would have rather had care for my wife. He is a kind, dedicated and incredibly competent surgeon

July 27th, 2012

Great caring doctor.

March 21st, 2012

Dr. Clancy is a Rock Star!

I have never met a Dr that is more compassionate, thorough and smart as Dr. Clancy. He makes himself available for questions or issues after hours. He explains things in laymans terms. He understands what it is like to be the patient or the loved ones waiting in the waiting room. His staff is just as caring as he is.

July 13th, 2011

Dr Clancy is a life saver

June 3rd, 2011

He misdiagnosed cancer is did a very invasive procedure on a healthy woman who now has a bad quality of life - do not use him

June 11th, 2010

Wonderful physican

I have been to many doctors over the years and have worked with many...It's not easy to deal with a complete medical disaster, but it is easy to deal with Dr Clancy. He treated a family member of mine who is terminally ill. If you are so lucky to get assigned to Tom Clancy, you will be with a most skilled and caring physician.When I first met him and his mild manner, I scratched my head and wondered "does this guy really know what he's talking about?" It quickly became apparent that he does indeed. He is a great surgeon and a kind person as well. He my entire family with respect and kindness. (BTW, our 2nd opnion surgeon agreed completely with Clancy's surgical opinion.)When things were getting hairy w/ a case manager regarding where my family member was going to get discharged to, I mentioned it to Dr Clancy. He said he would take care of it right away and it was literally taken care of in MINUTES. A nurse reading his notes asked me "Who is this doctor?" She said his notes were not "typical" notes from a surgeon and that she could see from his notes that he truly cared about his patient. The medical world could use more Dr Clancys. I hope he diesn'r get corrupted by the big egos in Boston medicine.

August 28th, 2009

Colon and Liver

Dr. Clancy performed a colon and liver resection due to cancer. He was exceptional Dr. in all aspects of his work. I am truly thankful I happen to have him when I needed a Doctor.

September 9th, 2008

amazing

able to make a decision while operating that may have saved my life - outstanding!

June 26th, 2017