Dr. Thomas Mcknight Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Mcknight Jr?

BEST DOCTOR EVER

Posted on May 12th, 2015

Doctor McKnight and staff are the best experience I have ever had with any doctor! I Wish he was a primary care doctor because he has helped me diagnose and solve multiple long term problems/ailments that most if not all doctors have not bothered to help or were unable to help. If I was not treated directly by him I was treated via one of the multiple top notch doctors he referred me to. Very Knowledgeable, very thorough, and very concerned about his patients. Beat doctor I have ever been to. After 8 years of chronic back pain he was able to diagnose the problem through nerve conduction and refer me to 3 top rate surgeons, meanwhile other doctors treated me like it wasn't a big deal. I have been given a new lease on life specifically thanks to Doctor McKnight and his kind staff.

Posted on April 19th, 2015

Let me start off by saying that I have never wrote a bad review but I feel people need to know and save themselves some stress and time because usually by the time someone is looking for a neurologist they have been suffering for along time already. When I first saw Dr McKnight I was so excited because I just KNEW he was going to find out what was wrong with me and how to fix it. He is VERY knowledgeable about neurology and he seems very caring. He spent 4 hours with me (I was amazed at the caring and determination) he stated several different possibilities and tests that he was going to have me do. Well the moment I left the patient room EVERY thing changed. He had another patient so he only wrote my lab slip for blood work and said that his staff would be contacting me to schedule the other tests. After 2 weeks I heard nothing so I called his office three times in one week with NO RETURN CALL. I finally pushed a different number on the phone tree and someone answered the phone. The lady was rude and just said that the testing facility will be getting ahold of me, click! Well finally the referring doctor got ahold of his office and about 2 months later I only got a follow up blood order because of something that they saw in my first blood draw. He NEVER ordered the tests that he spoke of and I only went back bc the referring doctor begged me too and said that he needed Dr McKnight's results or we would have to start the process over. I went to the 2nd appointment where again Dr McKnight mentioned the same possibilities and mentioned the same tests that he never ordered the first time. Guess what? Its 2 months later and I have called several times and have heard NOTHING! I have got absolutely nowhere. I don't know if he realizes that he gives people hope and ends up MAKING THEM WORSE FROM THE STRESS AND TIME that they put into him. I have to start this whole process over with another neurologist and it will be months to get in to someone. This has been the worst experience that I have had with a doctors office. There are a lot more things that I can say but I do not want to bash the dr I just want people to be aware of what they are walking into. It is borderline crazy!

Doctor's Response

I carefully reviewed my records for the last year. There has never been a patient named "Matt" referred to my practice in this time. Unless a patient has been referred for electrodiagnostic studies, no patient is seen for 4 hours. EDT Testing requires 2 hours. My office has no idea whom this may be

so thankful

Posted on November 25th, 2013

Dr Mcknight and his staff have been a blessing for me. After dealing with spinal pain problems for nearly a decade they have done the tests I have needed and recommended me to 3 surgeons, one local and 2 known as the very best in Northern California/ SF bay area. I cannot express enough how knowledgable Dr Mcknight is and how much he has helped me to diagnose my problem. I regard him and his wife and staff as family and would recommend them to anyone. My wife and I are young and not wealthy by any gauge financially but they have treated us so well that often I am overcome with tears of joy with the substantial turn in the right direction my medical situation has taken. This has been the best medical experience that I have ever had by a long shot. I cannot express with words how thankful I am to have found them, my only complaint is that I cannot have Dr Thomas Mcknight as my primary care doctor!

WORTH the wait

Posted on September 4th, 2012

The wait at the office can be long, but the reason is because Dr. McKnight spends SO much time with each patient and most of his patients have numerous problems. Dr. McKnight is an educator and is so current and knowledgeable it is amazing. As a patient I know I am receiving 5 star care at every appointment. You won't be disappointed, he's worth the wait!

Posted on August 14th, 2012

Dr, McKnight is very thorough and spends considerable time diagnosing my conditions. Since he spends so much time with patients I always anticipate a long waiting time to see him. But once he's with me his focus is on me. He explains the treatment options and if I'm not comfortable he'll explain it to me more thoroughly and allows me to make the final decision. He works with me. I have been treated with nothing but compassion and respect by his office staff. If I have to leave a message, they always get back to me within a couple of hours.The illnesses he has to treat in his specialty are not always easy to diagnose. Mine weren't. But he stuck with me even when I was getting discouraged. His treatment has made a huge difference in my life. A few months ago it seemed that he and his staff were stressed to the max as they were taking on another physicians patients but that seems to be mellowing out.

Posted on May 31st, 2012

Always behind schedule but makes up for it with the amount of time he spends with you. Goes out of his way to make sure I get the best care I can get. Wouldn't trade him for any other doctor. He is a godsend. Staff a bit flaky but ok.

Love the Doctor, could do without the office staff

Posted on March 24th, 2012

Dr.McKnight an excellent doctor who truly cares about his patients. Yes, there is always a wait to see him, but it is worth it. He never rushes you out of a visit because he may be behind schedule. His office staff however, should take a lesson in compassion from him. If they ever answer the phone (which rarely happens), it's usually a rude voice on the other end, and they only way to get any answers is to just make an appointment with the doctor, because the office staff won't follow through. It's a shame that a doctor as good as he is, has an office staff that brings down the reputation of his practice.

Used to be a 4 star doctor, not any more

Posted on January 3rd, 2012

He has changed dramatically since when I first saw him through a referral. He used to be put together and thorough. He lo longer seems to remember me or my medical issues. Now he seems overwhelmed and unable to handle his caseload. Average wait time is over 2 hours nowadays. Office staff No longer answers phone. No longer return phone calls. Must drive there to get their attention. I wish he would stop taking this other physician's patients. It is hurting his good name and his abilities to practice as he once did.

Doctor's Response

My office is a consultaion practice. We work with our patients until they achieve improvement or stability in the diagnostic process Our patients review and sign an agreement regarding the services we provide. We work to avoid delays in scheduled appointment times but there are circumstances when special needs patients require extended time. We ask our patients to be cooperative in this exceptional situation. This is part of our patients agreement.

Posted on December 14th, 2011

I have been seeing this Doctor for 7 months. He has been unable to diagnose my symptoms and doesn't seem to care about finding out what is causing all of this pain. He pushes medication that I am uncomfortable taking and gives me medication that does not treat my symptoms. I live out of town and travel two hours to see him. My usual waiting time is 45 minutes and when I do see him and try to speak with him about my concerns he talks over me. He order's MRI's that I have already had done within the last 4 months. During the office visit I ask him about the findings on these MRI's and he completely ignores what I am asking and will not look into the findings. His office staff is AWFUL!!! No professionalism what so ever. He ordered a treatment for me and his office staff said that it would take 3 weeks to get approved by my insurance and then a week until they could get me in for the treatment. I didn't hear from them in a month so I called to follow-up and found out that my insurance approved the treatment and that they would call me back to schedule. I continued calling and when I was brushed off numerous times they finally must have had their fill with me because the secretary yelled at me on the phone and then hung up on me. Three and a half months later I finally had my treatment (which didn't work). I call to speak to the Doctor and ask about having order's sent out for MRI's and I do not hear from anyone! I call back three weeks later and they don't even remember me calling. When I finally do get to speak with the Doctor and ask him about the pain I am having he tells me to go to the Emergency Room and ask for a shot that will give oxygen to my brain????? He advises me to go to the Hospital and seek treatment from someone who doesn't know my history when he is just too lazy to treat his patient! His staff does not do confirmation calls so when I call to find out the time of my appointment they cancel on me and say the Doctor is ill. They never called to cancel my appointment and if I didn't call to confirm I would have driven two hours to find out I didn't even have an appointment. It is impossible to get a hold of anyone in the office. I call all day long and no one picks up and messages are not returned. It's been an awful experience and he has done absolutely nothing to make me feel better. I believe that his reputation is better than what he actually is. It's impossible to speak with him about how I am feeling when i am slowly just getting worse and it's scary having a Doctor who doesn't care about you. I would not recommend him to anyone!!!

Doctor's Response

My office is a consultation practice. Our patients review and sign a 5 page contract regarding their care and our responsibilities. Patients are required to maintain an actve primary care relationship for their ongoing needs. Patients with emotional and mental problems are required to be under the care of a psychiatrist. This patient misunderstood the nature of her care here, while living in a city 2 hours away. This patient was referred to the university where her alleged headache problems resolved with psychological treatment.

waiting to see doctor-

Posted on August 10th, 2011

Three visits and each visit was over an hour waiting till we saw the doctor- 1st visit was 1:30 wait 2nd was 1:15 3rd was 1:15.This is on top of driving 2 hours each way to see the doctor.

Posted on June 16th, 2011

I am very happy to have found this doctor. He takes time with you and really listens to your concerns.He makes sure to do enough testing to get an accurate diagnosis. He wants to cure the illness, not just treat the symptoms.

Very caring

Posted on January 16th, 2010

Takes time with every patient I don't mind waiting cause I know he will spend time with me also. Very thurough with his diagnoisis.