A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Nelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Nelson is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Nelson
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Nelson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Nelson, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Swine Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelson graduated from University of Minnesota at Duluth.
Dr. Nelson has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Fairview Southdale Hospital
- Regions Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas Erl Nelson MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 25 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Thomas E. Nelson practice?
- Dr. Thomas Nelson has 9 office locations.
Dr. Thomas Nelson practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Minneapolis, MN.
Additional practice locations include: Elk River, MN and Hutchinson, MN.
See Minneapolis Surgeons.