A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Nelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Nelson is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Nelson
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Nelson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Nelson, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Swine Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelson graduated from University of Minnesota at Duluth.
Dr. Nelson has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Fairview Southdale Hospital
- Regions Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Thomas Erl Nelson MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 26 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Thomas E. Nelson practice?
- Dr. Thomas Nelson has 1 office location.
Dr. Thomas Nelson practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Minneapolis, MN.
See Minneapolis Orthopedic Surgeons.