Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

33 Riddell St
Ste 1
Greenfield, MA 01301
413-772-0853
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  My experience; 4 problems over 11 years  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2012

I decided to post after reading the poor review here. My experience was the complete opposite. In 2001 my activity level dropped to almost nothing after damaging cartilage in my knee; it was extremely painful. After pushing through my primary care to a referral, Dr E quickly determined I had a tear in my cartilage. No idea how I did it, but it really hurt. He cleaned it up in surgery and I made what seemed like 100% recovery. No problems until 5 years later when I tore the other one while doing something stupid. Same pain, other knee. Same experience with Dr E cleaning it up and resolving my pain. Then 3 years ago I had a rock roll out from under my foot while hiking; incredible pain to ankle. I went to him 3 times over 5 months, expecting him to be able to wave the magic scapel and fix it. Unfortunately he said no, there's nothing he could do on this one. Time would fix it if anything. Well it was about 8 months later I was walking and realized I was walking with no pain. He was right. But it was a long recovery for what seemed like a simple ankle roll. Fast forward to this month in 2012 when I just tore my rectus femoris (quad) and I am seeing him for help with this one. His work has allowed me to stay very active with no pain; in fact last year I upped the level and lost 50lbs. Thanks Dr E!