Dr. Thomas Moore Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Moore?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Moore?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 2nd, 2015

Very dissapointed..

I was really excited to finally have health insurance after 14 years of no coverage. I had gone to the doctor during that time only during real emergencies, and even then, I went to low income facilities to get the basic care I needed. But it was finally Obama Care that prompted me to seek better coverage. It came at the right time because I had recently started developing some serious and painful problems with nerves in my arms and severe numbness in my hands. Also neck pain due to a herniated disk and pinched nerves. I was also dealing with a knee pain from what might have been a torn meniscus (an emergency room visit told me that), as well as a chronic pain in my left toe. On top of all this I was (still am) experiencing very low energy. Yes I had a lot going on, so needless to say I was excited to finally have health coverage and work with a "good doctor" who could help me systematically get through it all. To get to the point, DR. Moore was not the right doctor for this. I have to agree with a previous review which said he was basically apathetic to their ailments. He was the same with me. He looked at me funny when I described my rather long list of issues, shook his head and asked why I waited so long before seeing a doctor. I explained to him I had no health insurance for years, and doctors, especially specialists, are expensive. I explained that these problems has only recently within the past year, get more severe, and no that I have full medical coverage, I was ready to focus on treating them. He looked at my like I was crazy and had a condescending attitude. At one point he shook his head and asked "where did you go to school?" As if my answer would have some bearing on his level of treatment! What does that matter! When I had told him I had suffered serious disk herniation and pinched nerves down my legs, from a decade earlier, and that years ago I used Bikram Yoga to help me get through it, he told me there was nothing that could be done for the severe numbness in my arms and neck pains, and that I should go back to Bikram Yoga. No test, no MRI, no visit to a neurologist, not test for low energy, nothing for my knee pain and no exploration for my toe pain. Go back to Bikram is what he said. This is was my first visit with him and so because it was my initial physical, he did order some basic blood tests and checked said he would check for diabetes. But that was it. I left his office with nothing for all my ailments, but to go back to Bikram yoga. Honestly, if I wanted a holistic approach to healing, I would not be in a western doctors office, and I would not be paying for health insurance! I was highly disappointed! So I made another appointment to come back a week later and then had to still come back even a third time, before finally getting him to take me more seriously. I had to insist on getting some referrals and tests. Months later, and I have grown tired of calling their office (which is a tedious process), and asking for info from tests (which I never received) and referrals. I need a doctor that is concerned about my health and is proactive in helping heal me, so my quality of life can finally improve. In my experience with Dr. Moore, I feel he is way to lax and dismissive, he has certainly not made me feel as if he has any concern for my ailments.

December 29th, 2014

He's a fine and careful physician

March 17th, 2014

Loved Dr Moore

Old Skool- incredibly helpful, professional and warm bedside manner. I found Dr Moore through my insurance and went for an annual physical; all of my concerns were addressed and was pleasantly informed about a recurring knee injury and how to manage it.

December 3rd, 2013

very good doctor

June 24th, 2013

Excellent, No problems

Dr. Moore has been our PCP for nearly 30 years. We have always been very happy with him although in years past we often had to wait a long time to see him. Recently, though, the scheduling seems to have improved dramatically, which we're very pleased about. Referrals to specialists have never been a problem and prescription refills are done promptly.

September 27th, 2012

Excellent doctor

I have been very happy with Dr. Moore. He takes time to answer all of my questions, he is very knowledgeable and he does not push prescriptions on a problem. The first time I met with him I described pains I was having and not only did he explain to me the cause, but also asked me a series of questions that led him to the conclusion that I likely carry a gene for a certain condition that I should be aware of in my diet etc. I found this information to be very helpful and have not experienced the conditions since. He has also been immediately responsive when unexpected issues (illness; sprained ankle) have arisen that I sought attention for. I find the wait time to be normal for doctors' offices and it does not diminish my excellent impression of Dr. Moore.

August 8th, 2012

Great First Impression!!

I will definitely be keeping Dr. Moore as my PCP. He was very friendly and had great bedside manners.

July 10th, 2012

Great Medical Care when it is needed.

My experiences with Dr. Moore and the staff at the Hip office have always been positive ones. They have a caring attitude and work very hard to help me with my healkth problems.

July 21st, 2011

Degrading and unhelpful experience

Dr.Thomas Moore - Not a nice person. I wouldn't really care if he were a good doctor, but he's not. They didn't even take my blood pressure! I have insomnia, hadn't slept in two days and had an EXTREMELY sore throat , which I told him about at the beginning of the visit. When he looked at my throat, he gave me a quizzical glance and asked if it was really sore as I had pus on my tonsils. He obviously wasn't even listening to me! I felt so sick and tired, I was having a hard time just speaking, hence my visit to the doctor. His demeanor was downright degrading. When he went to listen to my heart and lungs he tugged on my hoodie sweater and said "take this off, whatever it is". Talk about attitude! Jeese. When I told him about my insomnia he informed me that ALL sleep problems are caused by underlying anxiety and depression. If this is true, then why do they make sleep aids, medication, and have research study programs? So needless to say, he did not help me in that department. I also talked to him about my heart as I was having some strange symptoms and my father had had his mitral valve replaced. He listened to it, told me that it was perfect and that ALL heart problems can be detected with a stethoscope. What a shame that people like that poor 16 year old basketball player, Wes Leonard, who died from heart problems that most likely would have been detected by an echocardiogram, just two weeks after seeing a doctor, didn't have Dr.Moore with his x-ray vision and super sonic hearing! Why then, I can't help but wonder, did they ever invent and use EKG's, ECG's, nuclear heart scans, etc., if the stethoscope is all they need? I am a smoker and asked about Welbutrin, which is the generic form of Zyban to help me quit. I made the unfortunate mistake of asking if Welbutrin is an MAOI type of anti-depressant. He looked at me as if I'd grown an extra head and said "how and what would you possibly know about MAOI's?", and proceeded to lecture me about how dangerous they are and actually said that I wasn't being exactly "coherent". Wow! I must of really offended him with that question. What a jerk! I would never go back to him and now doubt I'd even go to another doctor affiliated with the Manhattan's physicians group...Horrible experience.

November 5th, 2009

Maybe there is a Dr. but you have to be lucky enough to see him

I was asked to walk-in at 9am which I did. On arrival I was told that the Dr is not available and to make an appt for 10:30am which I did since I work in the same area. At 10:30am, after paying the co-pay and waiting 45 mins, I was told to go into another office waiting room. At the 1 hr mark, I really couldn't keep waiting as my work is really busy . Just then they called my name and said that there were 2 more patients before me and after they take my vitals there would be another 30 mins and that if I had come at 9am the Dr was free all early morning. Nice!Now seriously? Is this what going to see the Dr. has become? The last thing you need when you are sick is being frustrated like this. The totally non-friendly staff does nothing to help the situation either. They need a course in customer service and smiling. But hey, it's NY.. and that would be asking for too much.The only saving grace was the Dr's assistant who was sympathetic and asked me to come again the next day but really, after the unpleasantness of this morning, I will look somewhere else.

June 3rd, 2016