Dr. Thomas Fabricius Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Fabricius?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Fabricius?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 2nd, 2017

Respectful

He seemed to really care about my concern. I told him I was concerned about unnecessary tests due to having a high deductible health plan, and he was respectful of this.

September 20th, 2016

Extremely Dismissive

I met with Dr. fabricius after prolonging a visit to the doctor for years. Our first appointment, he basically thought everything was in my head and was asking my HUSBAND if what I was saying was true. He asked him more questions than me! Very embarrassing and demeaning to say the least. Anyway, a couple of months go by and they find a cyst, chalk up EVERY symptom to that and stress and sent me to a gynecologist. Long story short, my hair is still falling out, I'm still having fevers, I cannot sleep, have pelvic, back and abdominal pain and this man has done absolutely nothing to help. If you must see a doctor, please, please, PLEASE look elsewhere. You will not get the help or answers you deserve and need.

March 17th, 2014

I oversee residential care for a gentleman who has been deemed incompetent. Recently, this gentleman was placed on a blood thinner. Blood thinners require constant monitoring and lab work. This particular gentleman doesn't understand the importance of monitoring his blood. A request was made to Dr. F to submit a Dr. order allowing this man to get labs taken at home. Dr. F indicated he would not submit an order on the account that this gentleman is physically capable of walking into the hospital.Dr. F is expecting a mentally incompetent person to cooperate with multiple trips to get labs drawn, and fails to put the best interest of thus man at the forefront of his practice.

September 10th, 2013

Patient

I hadn't been to the doctor for some time. I was impressed with Dr. Tom's review of my history and medications. He payed particular attention to details and explained all of my options. I appreciate that he was honest and upfront about costs associated with my illness and what other alternatives I could look into. Dr. Tom is true to his word and deeply cares about his patients. He is one of the few doctors that still see's you when you are sick and in the hospital.

February 20th, 2013

Insensitive and Arrogant

I had a new patient visit for one of my disabled participants recently. Dr. Fabricius left me shocked at the appalling nature of his 'visit' with us. He came into the room with the physical presentation that he was already annoyed with the appointment. I said 'Good Morning' upon his arrival into the room, and received no response or even a glance. He then went on to say that the mentally handicapped individual I was with would be an 'inconvenience' to him and his staff should he refuse to attend Dr. appointments that would be scheduled in the future. "How would you like it if he inconvenienced you?" he asked me. Excuse me, Dr., but this man does do that...every day. And I have compassion and empathy for the life that is beyond the inconvenience. By his own admission, he hadn't even read this gentleman's chart, yet told me that this man would be much better suited to live in a nursing home as opposed to the group home he currently resides in. "What type of medical symptoms are we talking about that are so difficult?" he asked. The worst part may have been the fact that my young man was sitting in the room the entire time-not being looked at or talked to, but talked about as if he were a scar on the surface of the pristine world that Dr. Fabricius inhabits alone. You want a sports physical? Dr. Fabricius may be able to get his nose out of the air long enough to take a look at you. you want medical care? Go somewhere FAR from him...

August 22nd, 2016