inactive

Thomas J Fahey MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 15th, 2016
Great Doctor I felt totally comfortable in his care even though I was scared of having surgery. He checked on me after the surgery and was available by phone for questions when I was released from the hospital. I would recommend him to anybody, as far as I'm concerned he's the best at what he does.

March 31st, 2016
Hemithyroidectomy due to Large Nodule
I do not know where to even begin to justifiably evaluate Dr. Fahey and his entire team. As I am sure no one knows me personally here, I was beyond afraid to go through with surgery. After endless and now hindsight, useless research, I never ever though I can ever find a Dr. who is not only as skilled as Dr. Fahey, thorough, intelligent and confident, I was astounded by his level of bed side manner and his compassion. Most surgeons, understandably are not friendly and can be abrasive. While it is key to find a doctor who truly is knowledgeable and specialized in his field, it is equally difficult to find someone who is compassionate and understanding. I cannot imagine ever having picked someone else from the moment I decided to have a hemithyroidectomy to a large nodule. He was calm, brilliant, and skilled beyond any kind of measure. Three days post op, I was pretty much walking around outside and resuming to my normal activities. My scar looks like a red line only two weeks post op. Outstanding doctor, outstanding team! I cannot say enough good things to express my appreciation and absolute delight with this Doctor and the way that my treatment was handled from the onset to the very end. Whoever is ever doubting thyroid surgery or afraid, I wish I would listen to all of the reviews I read and all the advice I obtained hindsight as I felt sooo sooo deeply frightened. No one could ease my mind besides Dr. Fahey! God bless him and his entire team. PS --- I also normally never write reviews and this one does not even do him justice.

January 27th, 2016
Great surgeon!

October 1st, 2015
excellent!!!

April 22nd, 2015
Excellent doctor who is caring and very skilled. Recommend him to anyone. He gives each patient the amount of time each individual needs. Excellent surgeon!!!!

February 18th, 2015
I was very impressed with him. Very knowledgeable and caring

January 25th, 2015
Experienced, thorough surgeon, did a great job on my 2 parathyroid and thyroid surgeries.

July 30th, 2014
Had a first meeting with him, he seems very experienced .

November 27th, 2013
Excellent Doctor
I have had my thyroid removed by Dr. Fahey and he was excellent! He took the time to thoroughly explain the surgery and my recovery. I think that he runs late with his appointments because he answers all patient questions and often spends more than the allotted time of 15 minutes with each patient. Not only was my thyroid removed , my voice was saved but I have absolutely NO scar whatsoever. I would recommend him for anyone that needed thyroid or pancreatic surgeries.

October 20th, 2012
If a specialist in this area is needed Dr. F is your doctor!
I came home from the hospital today with lasting memories. I saw Dr F. in the office about 20 minutes which was all the time I needed. Probably 5 minutes in the operating room. Another 5 minutes for the "final" good-bye where he appeared in my room in a navy blue suit with a white shirt and red tie. I am very lucky as I am a mother of 4 with caesarian deliveries. I have never had to have the services of a surgeon before. Dr. F was an excellent surgeon and if looks are important to the ladies then he rates very highly. Thanks to him I had a wonderful surgery. I was in and out in no time. DO NOT HESITATE IF YOU NEED A SPECIALIST IN HIS AREA. I AM 100% you will be thrilled that you made that decision. His support staff of tall good looking men are always around and caring.

July 27th, 2012
Caring, Knowledgeable and Skillful
I had half of my thyroid removed by Dr. Fahey. After researching his credentials and background, and meeting/interviewing with few other top doctors in the field for the surgery, I had chosen him which had proven to be an excellent choice. During the first consultation meeting, he had given me much of confidence by telling me what he was going to do in my case, and how my scar would be look like based my skin type(which turned out to be exactly like he said, very faint line). The surgery went very well. He has good bedside manner. His team is very effective in setting up the whole process, and very responsive to phone calls and questions. I would highly recommend him and the hospital he affiliates, which is also high quality.

May 10th, 2012
The Best!
Dr Fahey did a Total Thyroidectomy on me and did a phenomenal job!! The scar is not noticeable at all - it looks like a wrinkle. He was very kind and caring and I would recommend him to anyone who needs Thyroid surgery.