Overall Review

May 19th, 2014
Amazing Doctor, amazing staff.
My children have been seeing Dr. Fisk (since birth) for over 15 years now. We had an unfortunate stint with a change in insurance that led to us having to see different doctors for two years. You can't imagine the relief at getting good insurance again and coming back home to Interlachen Pediatrics and Dr. Fisk. Wait time: We never have more than maybe a 10 minute (often less) wait to get in to see the doctor with an appointment. (Have an illness and get worked in to see how truly busy the practice is, but they are so careful with the scheduling, you would never know it until those non appointment times. Even at that, they work so hard to get you in quickly!) They have two offices, and well-patient, unwell-patient waiting rooms. Staff: The staff is always just wonderful. My children don't get upset about going to see the doctor, even if shots are involved. They respect how the parents wish to handle that situation. My children both do better if they know up front about shots and can ask some questions. The nurse will answer them and wait until they're read- no rushing, no cajoling. AMAZING staff. They do NOT hand out antibiotics to please parents who want something in their hand after going to see the doctor. If your child doesn't NEED them, you won't get them. This a very good thing. Dr. Fisk: The doctor spends as much time with you as needed, he answers questions patiently of both the parents and the children. Once the children are verbal, he will talk to them and really listen to what they have to say, conversing with them. He is very thorough, and his diagnoses have always been spot-on. Our oldest had some health problems and for the first two years of life had to see various specialists and have surgery. Dr. Fisk was there through it all. His advice was always useful and reassuring. The second child, who didn't need any special attention after birth with specialists, etc, still had the same attention to detail and thoroughness as our first. He will talk to you while he's performing the exam, telling you about milestones and what to expect in the coming year with regards to development. He'll stop and let the child know what he's doing next so they aren't caught off guard. Then smoothly go right back to where he was explaining about development to you. It's so considerate of the child. I love that. I recommend Dr. Fisk and Interlachen to anyone with children.

July 4th, 2012
Long Time Caring for My Family
For the past 20 years (even prior to his joining Interlachen Peds) my children have seen Dr. Fisk. He is professional, caring, succinct, offers advice and tips appropriate to the age of the child. I'm fortunate that I can't speak to his handling of crisis or very serious medical conditions. However, based on our conversations through the years, and his sharing of potential outcomes in various situations- I feel he would recognize and explore any symptoms that are even slightly questionable.