A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Thomas Forbes:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Thomas Forbes is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Thomas Forbes, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Aortic Coarctation
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
- Percutaneous Arterial Septic Defect (ASD) Closure
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Forbes graduated from Creighton University, Omaha. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Forbes has 15 hospital affiliations:
- St John Detroit Riverview Hospital
- Henry Ford Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Forbes accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 8 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 20 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 4 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 5 plans
- Humana - 8 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Thomas Forbes practice?
Dr. Thomas Forbes practices Pediatrics, Pediatric Cardiology, and Cardiology near Detroit, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Clinton Township, MI.
See Detroit Pediatricians, Detroit Pediatric Specialists, and Detroit Cardiologists.