Dr. Thomas Fromson MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics West Hartford, CT

• Good
  • Bad

August 4th, 2017
Best Pediatrics Practice around!
I have been going to Dr. Fromson since I can remember. I have now grown out of the practice, and have 2 children of my own. My son just turned 8 and my daughter is 3 and a half. I have brought them to this practice since birth and would not bring them anywhere else. The staff is always accommodating and pleasant, the doctors and staff always take the time to talk and answer any questions you may have, and the atmosphere in the practice is bright and beautiful!

November 23rd, 2015
Outstanding doctor. Takes time to explain and educate. Very thoughtful and thorough. A rare Doctor in todays fast paced Medical world.

May 9th, 2013
Wonderful, Smart, Compassionate Doctor
I am saddened that my child is on her last year of being able to be a patient of Dr. Fromson. They met each other in the nursery of Saint Francis hospital, almost 21 short years ago. I hope they will always stay connected and pray she finds, half as good a GP, as an adult. He always gave me excellent advice and he will be like family to us ~ Always. Melissa, Patsy and the entire staff are outstanding.

April 7th, 2011
Travel 50 miles for Fromson!~
Dr. Fromson has cared for my daughter from birth.I find this man unbelievably dedicated to his patients and that goes for his staff as well!During the years, he has been acutely aware of all of my daughter's medical issues and has cared about her as a young person and who she was to become in this world!This home highly recommends this wonderful doctor.Before my daughter was born, I interviewed Dr. Fromson prior to her birth, he gave me the best advice....throw out all the rule books! If you walk by the crib and want to pick up and hold your child, do so!He taught me to go with my gut on raising a wonderful,smart baby,now a college, deans list young women!When crisis stroke her, he was there all the way, more than any other professional involved!I would give him and his wonderful staff 50 stars if I could!!!! Thanks Dr. Fromson, you are the very best!!!

November 4th, 2010
He is losing it! Watch Out!
After seeing Dr. Fromson for 8+ years and feeling that the sun rose and set on him as a Dr. I learned that he was not all that great. He seemed to remember us and how we came to his office, but then informed us that he treated our daughter for a hernia! As if we her parents wouldn't remember our 1st born having surgery! He continued to insist that we were wrong! We came to him for help with our 2nd born who was having trouble at school and being defiant at home to the point of claiming abuse (unfounded even to DCF) traumatic for a close, "normal", loving family. He could not even recommend a family therapist for us, we were alone and desparate and he said "well you spanked your child and DCF was called, that is the natural progression of events" Spanking was always a last resort and very infrequent(2-3x in a year max 3 smacks on the bottom) Spanking is not illegal, but Dr. Fromson will report ANYONE who spanks EVER to DCF because HE believes it is illegal. Not for him to decide in my opinion! He was more interested in telling us about Richard Blumenthal than listening to us asking him for help. We switched pediatricians immediatly and had to ask another Dr. for a therapist and so far so good.

June 23rd, 2008
I disagree that he spends more time talking about himself. He does enjoy talking, which makes the parent and child much more comfortable. This also shows that he is not rushing to get you out of there. In my experience he makes us feel welcome and that we do matter. Also, he has given me his home number when my child was very sick so I could speak directly to him when he was NOT on call that weekend. Very caring and concerned doctor.

November 9th, 2016