Dr. Thomas Gajewski MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

October 16th, 2015
Totally unfeeling and interested only in patients succeeding in trials. No recommendations for palliative care or concern about comfort levels of terminal patients.

April 9th, 2015
I went in with a diagnosis of melanoma. He confirmed it. He was only interested in signing me up for a clinical trial and didn't care for me as a person. Worst kinds of doctors.

July 27th, 2013
Choose another doctor
We would never choose this doctor again. He may be able to diagnose a condition, but if a patient does not fit into his protocols or clinical trials, he "washes his hands" of him or her. He appears to cater more to pharmaceutical companies and his resultant drug research than to individuals. "Bedside manner"? Non-existent. We saw the physician's assistant as often or more than the doctor and after 2-3 hour wait times. This is unacceptable with severely ill patients.

July 8th, 2013
No caring nature
Yes he has the awards for research but his matter of fact manner with my son put me off. Once my son was out of options he washed his hands of us. Now I know how people are treated like Lab Rats. I also did not like his attitude when questioned about other options. He seemed to get defensive. My son needed advice about eating and problems with controlling the drugs and he never suggested the doctor that works right next to him to consult with my son to make him more comfortable. We found it hard to be honest with the doctor in fear he would get kicked out of a trial. I know the doctor is intelligent but as a person I think he needs a lot of work.

August 10th, 2008
While he may be one of the best melanoma experts in the country, when you have a terminal disease, a four hour wait with no appology is terrible.