Thomas Gazda MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

March 3rd, 2017
This office is a disgrace to the mental health profession. Watch out.
The first problem I had was the secretary asked me to pay $200 above the copay out of pocket. She said it was the cost for the initial appointment because it was a longer than normal appointment. When I said no, she then told me that they could wave the $200. Sounds fishy to me. That followed up with terrible customer service. The Dr canceled on me at 6 PM the night before my first appointment giving me no time to find a new Dr and now I am out of medicine. He wont be back in the office for 2 weeks to help me out.

September 6th, 2013
Excellent Inpatient Experience
It's been a very rough year for me. My single weekend appointment with Dr. Gazda inside the hospital was by far the most helpful. Unlike my docs on the outside, he took my fatigue issues seriously. Where other doctors have balked, he was extremely open-minded towards my medication request. And because he took the initiative to order certain blood tests, I have for the first time discovered that I have a Vitamin D deficiency. I am extremely grateful for the way Dr. Gazda decided to treat my treatment-resistant depression & chronic fatigue issues. I wish my docs on the outside were as thorough & open-minded as Dr. Gazda. I have more energy now than I've had in the last couple of years.

June 5th, 2013
He's been very helpful
Dr Gazda has been very helpful with getting my OCD/Anxiety under control and helping me be my optimal self. I find it difficult to get appointments sometimes because he's only at the location where I see him 1 day a week which can be hard to schedule. Other than that though, he's been very knowledgeable and super helpful getting me on the correct meds to help get my life back.

March 13th, 2013
This physician was horrifically abusive. I suffered extensive physical injuries and psychological harm under his "care" and authority in the hospital. This has been a lasting trauma, from the events under his direction as a vulnerable patient suffering from depression inpatient, as it has affected me long after leaving the hospital. When I reported it to the hospital and confronted him, he was beyond verbally abusive, aggressive, and unprofessional. It was shocking. The betrayal of trust, from a person in such a position as a hospital physician, was very damaging. To have allowed, sanctioned, justified such abuse reflects a serious lack of ethics and integrity (and willingness to abide by the law) from this doctor, not to mention basic human compassion. It has been exceptionally difficult to trust another doctor or to feel safe again, from the violence and trauma that occurred. A final warning: I would never have ever thought this could happen. When I first met him, he was pleasant, affable, engaging, nothing out of the ordinary or that would have raised a red flag. I had no idea I would be unsafe under his care.

March 8th, 2013
PTSD Pt
Great psychiatrist. Helped me through some tough times.

August 2nd, 2010
One of the WORST Physicians
This doctor was one of the WORST physicians I have ever encountered...he requested that I go to his 'private' office (which is his home) and then did not show up for over TWO HOURS. He was not at all familiar with my problems and then I believe sexually harassed me while I was in his office....his behavior made me very uncomfortable...

March 27th, 2017