Dr. Thomas Geppert MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

July 6th, 2016
Wow. I have read some of the complaints about Dr Geppert and I don't see it. He has helped me deal with body pain that was disabling and has been very concerned that I am living a normal life. Sometimes doctors can't fix everything. Our bodies wear out and at 71, I am grateful for Dr's like Dr Geppert that encourages you to listen to your body because you are the one living in it. However, I will say his nurse can be rather rude and a little sharp. But I can hold my ground in that type of situation as I am guilty of being a bit rude at times. My advise, tell Dr Geppert how you feel (kindly) we all have bad days.He will take the time you need. I am blessed to have the medical treatment that Dr Geppert provides.

June 15th, 2015
I'm finding another doctor
I am giving up on this dr. Sorry i waited so long to switch. He is very uncaring about my pain. Seems to think I'm lazy or a drug addict. Is always curt with me. Almost rude at times and I have been going to him for over 10 years? Why I ask myself? Ten wasted years. Last time I was there he had me in tears. He didn't look at me or say a word about me crying my eyes out. Just walked out. So I walked out, crying. Sherry came running after me, not to ask what's wrong but to tell me I didn't check out and reschedule. Not one word about the labs I was supposed to have done. I walked right past the lab tech and she didn't say wait you are supposed to have labs. Nothing from nobody except the woman who wanted my money. I told Sherry I wasn't going back in there. I don't know if she knows I meant, forever. Or if she even cares. She is very condescending at times. A few times actually rude to me. I am done with all if them and wish I had of done this after the 2nd visit.

December 18th, 2014
Don't understand the bad reviews
I've gone to Dr Geppert for about 3 years and really think he's a great doctor. Pain relief is not instantaneous. I've had to add meds, adjust dosages, change medications to get to the right treatment for my psoriatic and osteoarthritis, and also fibromyalgia. Dr Geppert has helped me do this. He is cautious with drugs, watches for interactions, and I appreciate this. I wonder if some disgruntled patients are just seeking drugs. I'm sorry for those who aren't able to control their pain, but you have to work with the doctor to find the right mix, not just expect him to fix it while you sit back and wait. Also, Sherry is wonderful. She always returns calls, call in meds immediately, and can fit you in for appointments very fast.

December 23rd, 2013
Poor Nurses People Skills
Addressed To: Whom ever wrote the email To clarify things, it was her husband who got upset and not my wife. Second, your nurses need to be more sensitive to patients. I understand that you do not overbook, but my issue was the way that she said that we could not return. Ms. Cherry said that we were fired and that the Dr. lose money for every patient that he does not see. The issue would have been better handle if she would have said, look the Dr. seems that your wife is not doing either progress or getting worst, therefore it would be better if she sees another Dr. The issue that she did not came to that visit was because of a migraine and she was just recuperating from the H1N1 virus. Which I took you the proof so you could see it. However, I would suggest to you to teach Ms. Cherry some people skills.

September 5th, 2013
This guy is a total jerk! Very unconcerned, pompous & patronizing. Don't waste your time subjecting yourself to being treated in such an insulting manner.

February 17th, 2012
Horrible Doctor
During my first appointment, I was given hope by Dr. Geppert's nurse that they would get to the bottom of my pain problems. I actually had some hope.When I returned to Dr. Geppert, he basically called me lazy and passed me off as a useless case. He made me feel like my problems were my fault and he told me there was nothing he could do for me.

December 13th, 2011
years of good care
Dr. G pinpointed my case on the spot and has been right on target every since. He checks into every concern I have brought up and acted on them. I started barely able to walk and with his directions I'm doing great.

July 13th, 2011
Great Doctor
I drive to Grapevine to see Dr. Geppert. He was kind; listened; was very caring. Evaluated the medication and changed as needed. He was concerned about being pain free. I would highly recommend Dr. Geppert. Dr. Geppert is there to help with my medical problem; not necessarily to be my friend.

July 11th, 2011
Uncaring
I found Dr. Geppert to be totally uncompassionate and rude. He is so focused on the lab tests and not what the real symptoms are. He seems patronizing with respect to think pain management clinics which seems very odd b/c most of his patients probably live with chronic pain. He basically told me he was at the end of the road in what to do with my treatment. How's that for a caring doctor?? Also he has a hard time looking you in the eye which is very disconcerting. Like you aren't even there.

February 22nd, 2011
I drive up from Houston to see Dr. G. If I didn't like him AND his staff. The office staff of Houston physicians is horrible.

August 6th, 2010
Very Uncaring
In my opinion, the worst doctor that I have ever gone to. Had bad blood tests and no follow ups. Totally ignored my concerns.Was rude and spent maybe at the most 5 whole minutes in exam. Lab techs were also the worst I have ever been to.