2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Apr 23rd, 2015

Office staff unorganized, physician is unresponsive to patient needs . Misdiagnosis. Long wait times

Mar 31st, 2015

Horrible doctor! Waited forever in office then seen by someone that did a 45 minute detailed review that Giancarlo never even looked at and did not have the slightest clue as to why I was there even though everything was in chart. He relies on his PA to give him this detail but doesn't listen to anything. He also lies about returning phone calls and the office staff is so rude it is ridiculous! He promised to follow up with a phone call the next day and never called! Instead, I called his office four times! The day after that, I called two more times and was told that he was at lunch and that they were NOT going to disturb his lunch! Oh, also do not try to get records. You are told that the wait is seven to ten days even though we all know it only takes a second to print a specific test result up. St. Johns needs to also get involved with this stuff because they should take his hospital rights away. He is more dangerous than any good because he is not practicing medicine but rather running a multimillion dollar business by taking advantage of the general public that falls victim to him if they end up at the hospital. This man is dangerous and does not care one bit about his patients or the priceless time that is lost after a serious illness to get better. He does not remember why you are there, what is affected on your body or even what illness you have that brought you to him. You have to push for tests, results, and anything else to try to get better. Stay clear - this man does not care!!!!! Only cares about $$$$ - not you! If I could have given him a half star or less on this chart, I would have gladly done it.

Very disappointed show details Very disappointed
by family member on Mar 5th, 2014

I went to the Clinton Twp. office with a family member. We waited over 2 hours to be put into a room and then approx. another 30 mins waiting for Doctor Giancarlo. He didn't know family members name, didn't know meds they were on or if they had been changed. Left room and I asked nurse or assistant (have no idea who because never was introduced) why did they not know some of these things they were asking me. Said they didn't read chart before coming in!! Nice way to run a practice! Also questions about hospital contacting him with info. which he never returned phone call. Wish I could give 1/2 a star.

WOW show details WOW
by Read on...I'm not the only one on Sep 21st, 2013

Making a report to the State of Michigan. Ridiculous operation!

Awful Doctor, awful staff, awful patient care... show details Awful Doctor, awful staff, awful patient care...
Jul 19th, 2013

Please don't get sucked into this screwy practice. Too many mistakes, from diagnosis to writing narotic RX wrong. Not to mention waiting over an hour to get seen by a PA, too many times to count. Ridiculous!

Find another Dr. show details Find another Dr.
May 17th, 2013

This is the worst office I have ever dealt with . The office staff is very rude for the most part. The Drs. billing procedures are very questionable and I go in for nerve block injections but are now required to see PA the day before get billed an OV then the DR. does the injection and get paid for that . The Dr bills an OV with the injection and doesn't do a modifier 25 because he can't give another diag. so he makes one up. The new drug screen is a total scam the lab bills BC 1200.00 and the Dr bills another hundred for the drug screen. Very unethical billing and I have reported this to BC and have provided proof with my explanation of benefits......

arrogant, condescending, pompous & only concerned w/ $$ show details arrogant, condescending, pompous & only concerned w/ $$
by MCT on Feb 15th, 2013

Came to tell me I didn't have MS without reviewing my chart, MRIs, past optic neuritis, among many other things. I had to question every statement with dates & diagnosis which flustered him to ask his PA why wasn't he informed of the results & dates that I had? He merely planned to try & one up a former colleague by "undoing" his diagnosis. It was later proven I do have MS & always did. He cares more about his ego than his patients. Stay away!

So bad it's comical! show details So bad it's comical!
Aug 15th, 2012

Everything in all posts above are completely true! Always wait and wait and wait some more, only to see a young assistant. Staff is totally rude and you can tell everyone who works there is Miserable!!! I was at the 8 mile office, and it is a total dump. The place is a gong show and I Would Not send my worst enemy here. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Aug 6th, 2012

Last time I had an appointment, I had to wait 3 hours to see my doctor. Usually he just tries to get patients to see his Physician's Assistants, which is not acceptable after a 3 hour wait. Ic oould hear him talking on the phone the entire time I waited for him, and he was speaking to a building contractor or something like that. He doesn't care

Find another Neuro. This one is terrible! show details Find another Neuro. This one is terrible!
Jun 16th, 2012

I saw this doctor in the hospital after being admitted. He diagnosed me, created a treatment plan, walked out of the room and walked back in and stated he hadn't known the results from my MRI and that "changed things". I was appalled he had diagnosed me and planned to treat me without knowing the whole story. He was dismissive of my family history which would go against his diagnosis. He assured me he'd look into things and be back to talk to me. He never came back. I received a phone call from him that was 10 seconds in length stating he decided to keep his original diagnosis and he never even addressed the abnormality found on my MRI. I will be finding a new neurologist to follow up with.

never see the doctor show details never see the doctor
May 23rd, 2012

I've had several appointments made to see Dr. Giancarlo but every time I see one of his "assistants". They say he's not at the office. The one time I did see him (about 5 years ago)he had his back to me the entire time and said the I didn't need to see him for my migraines. His nurse told me to see the pain specialists for future medications etc.....Not a good experience.

Mar 27th, 2012

I switched to this clinic after having bad luck with another neuro. This clinic is awful - they lose test results, the nurses are VERY rude, especially one named Trish. I spoke to the Dr and the office manager (also rude), but as far as I know nothing was done to fix the problem. Yesterday I waited 3 hours to see Dr G. I think it's time for a new Dr

Jul 27th, 2011

Watch your bc billing statements theoffice visits and in office surgeries in my case are being billed as different diagnosis when I was there for only one reason office used a mod 25 thats not correct.Inform bc if this happens to you.

RUN AWAY show details RUN AWAY
Jan 12th, 2011

Lost Urine Samples, Labs,Ran test for diagnoses - test said positive, Doctor said negative ???Always see a different Assistant at appointments, 1 out 8 times maybe the Doctor.Spoke to others after I began seeing this Dr. they had horror stories too.Office is nice looking / professional looking, office staff (majority) are rude and unhelpful

Jul 19th, 2010

I like and respect dr Giancarlo very much. He has always took my concerns very seriously. As for his nurse that calls in scripts sometimes you can wait for 1.5 weeks before she calls it in. However, my over review woud be excellent.

Doesn't see his patients show details Doesn't see his patients
by Mike on Apr 2nd, 2010

This is the worst Dr. I have ever seen. He makes his patients see nurses. And they are the rudest nurses you will ever meet.