Dr. Thomas Grieder MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

July 17th, 2013
You should be ashamed
I am a veteran who at one of my lowest points in life met Dr. Greider. I served with the 75th Rangers and its none of your business what happened to me and where it happened. The important thing is I was very very troubled when I met Dr. Greider and have no problem saying that he is one of two doctors that saved my life. I cant imagine ever havine a different psychiatrist and who i like to consider a friend. He is easy to talk to, has heard it all, knows what will help you and is there for veterans. He doesnt need to work in the VA anymore, he hit is 20 years and he still is there for us. If you are in Southern California and think you might have some issues I cant recommend any other psychiatrist then Dr. Greider, and i've seen a lot of them.

November 6th, 2009
Dr. Grieder Is Mentally Unstable -- Dangerous
I am a U. S. veteran. I served my country during my teen years, having spent three years in the Coast Guard. Prior to enlisting I was an honor college student and had been a leader in my community during my youth.I was honorably discharged for a medical disability at the age of 21. The circumstances of my discharge, I later learned, were covered up by government psychiatrists, as well as by Coast Guard administrators. I was an ongoing victim of extreme harassment -- to include sexual harassment and assault and battery.When was -- years later -- explaining to Dr. Grieder and a tream of so-called medical experts while an out patient at the West Los Angeles VA Hospital -- Dr. Grieder interrupted me -- screaming at me -- saying: "Shut up or I'll call the police!"He then wrote me a prescription for trazadone, a dangerous anti-depressant, which results in erratic behavior. I did not desire -- nor did I need -- trazadone or any other psych medication. I needed to be awared long-overdue compensation for what was in fact a service-connected disability.I was mercilessly harassed by officers and seamen during my three years of service. Prior to active duty I was a college honor student and a leader in my community.I later obtained copies of my VA records -- gross distortions and gross admissions of my complaints -- of what really happended to me while serving my country.I was treated like dirt by MOST of the psychiatrists and social workers connected with the VA. Dr. Grieder's behavior was not only inappropriate, it was highly damaging to me! Dr. Thomas Grieder should not be practicing psychiatry. He should receive his own medicine. He should be arrested and locked up in a jail -- for the remainder of his life.Grieder is, in my opinion, dangerously mentally disturbed.I am still awaiting payment of long overdue compensation for what happened to me while serving my country between the years of 1957 and 1960. The amount, according to my figures, is in excess of one million dollars. However, I am requesting punitive damages of $50 million for the way I was treated by Grieder and other physicians and administrators in charge. Eisenhower was commander-in-chief while I was serving.